Looking for Tillotson Carb info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqORbust

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey. I'm working on a Jonsered 625ii and looking for information on the carb. As far as I can tell it's a Tillotson HS series. 237A? I think the saw sat for a bunch of years and as of now the carb has an hour of ultrasonic clean time on it and I just took it apart. The hard parts of the carb look to be in nice shape and nothings clogged or jammed. All the diaphragms are crunchy and the hi-speed check valve straight free flows both directions.

Looking for parts, I can only seem to find a basic gasket/diaphragm kit. Is the check valve serviceable on this carb? Does it even have a check valve? If so, does anyone know what check valve it is and/or where it can be purchased?

In the metering bowl there are 2 crush fit style plugs. 1 is larger than the other and I assume is for the low side ports and the other is roughly in-line with the high speed needle. Is the check valve under this plug? Could post pics if needed....

For I.D of the carb:
On the side of the carb of the carb it is stamped S237A733
On the choke side face of the carb it is stamped "735"
In the metering chamber it is stamped 219-B341 11/16
Also the impulse is fed from the block directly to the carb top plate and has a nipple on the fuel pump cover.

Thanks for the links. Guess it appears there is only a screen on this model.

Any reason to pull the welch plugs if it flows lung pressure relatively unrestricted both directions?

Looks like you'll need a RK23HS repair kit for the carb. If the passages let fuel move freely then there's no need to pull the welch plugs.

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

Latest posts

Back