Looking to buy Stihl 050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric5555

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I saw an 050 for sale looks to be in beautiful condition he wants $300 firm, anyone here familiar with the old stihls any concerns or reasons not to buy?

What are your plans for the saw, firewood cutting, milling , just becouse. It is an old saw that was replaced by the 051 . Some parts may be hard to get. Its heavy and slow but would work good for a chainsaw mill

What are your plans for the saw, firewood cutting, milling , just becouse. It is an old saw that was replaced by the 051 . Some parts may be hard to get. Its heavy and slow but would work good for a chainsaw mill
thanks for the reply i just want it for home use but it has sort of a coolness factor to me but i would only get it if im not getting ripped off and its a saw that wasnt riddled with problems

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but the 050 was made 1 year for Stihls 50th anniversary. It was replaced by the 051 the next year. I'm not sure about the collect ability factor. If it's complete, not beat up and in good running condition it's probably worth the $300. If it needs any work at all or has missing or broken parts it's too much.

Back