Looking To Buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpanseri

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I AM LOOKING TO PURCHASE A NEW SAW. I HAVE 3 HOMELITES AND A MAC BUT WANT TO GET RID OF ONE HOMELITE AND THE MAC. I WANT TO GET A PROFESSIONAL GRADE SAW TO CUT MY 20 OR SO CORDS OF WOOD FOR THE YEAR. SOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON WHICH BRANDS ARE BEST SUITED FOR MY NEEDS. I CUT ALOT OF BLACK LOCUST AND BLACK CHERRY AND SOME OAK. ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS ABOUT ECHO SAWS???

I have an Echo 670 that han't seen much use I can sell you.

Doug

What exactly are you going to be cutting how big is the wood? and Just out of curiousity, what model mac would you have?

The echo 670 and Jred 670, both same saw size are pretty good

gpanseri - check your pm box

ps turn your caps off when you type.....caps means your yelling :)

My first saw was an Echo 4400. It's a good saw for the home owner who wants a decent 18" machine. If you are looking for a stronger saw to do what you indicated, look into a (XP), pro series Husky saw. Figure out how much time you want to spend cutting that 20 cords of wood. Getting a quality powerhead and matched with a Windsor bar & Windsor chain will get the job done in good time. You woulden't want to go much smaller than a Husky 357XP. It will depend on the thickness of the wood you'll be cutting that should determine what size powerhead you should get. Power means nothing if you don't have a good quality sharp chain. ;)

116 CC? That saw is one sold over in japan . Wonder if it can be imported to the US.

The orange colors look pretty cool, unlike the grey ones we get here in the US.

116cc and only 10lbs, its got my 385 beat by 31cc and 5lbs. I wonder if its worth its salt.

Dam Japs, dam metric scale, I realy thought I was onto something there. :-D

Neil

I have dried up superglue all over my fingers, argh.

I have seen the orange ones on ebay before. i don't know if they were super old or if they were imported from japan. a few of my buddies have used the old orange ones and they have said that they are pretty powerful little saws. sorry about the all caps!!

Latest posts

Back