Looking to hire subcontractor to split firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acf11

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to hire some one to process 500-1000 cords of firewood, you must have your own equipment to perform this contract. Wood is in log lengths up to 20' and from 8" to 36" diameter. Logs must be cut to length 16"-18" and split into reasonable size pieces for consumers, Wood is mostly hardwoods, Oak, ash, maple all from tree service guys, wood is green as well
Location Is Brookhaven, NY 11719

Don
631-561-5788

Last edited:
you want someone to split twenty foot logs?

that's got to be some heavy duty equipment they need to have.

if you want someone to cut the logs and then split them for this "Contract" I'd suggest being more specific. :msp_biggrin:

I'd suggest listing bucking as part of the job as well as lengths of finished wood, rough size of splits, time limits, type/age of wood etc

All this will most likely factor into your contract and abilities of folks applying. Good luck with it.

Im looking to hire some one to process 500 cords of firewood, you must have your own equipment to perform this contract. Wood is in log lengts up to 20' and from 8" to 36" diameater.

Don
631-561-5788
*sigh*
If only someone trustworthy in NZ would come up with a similar offer. The volume would be enough to help at least kick-start the acquisition of some serious machinery. Good luck with your quest.

can you bring them up to me ? i have a pwr saw and a splitter mall but no truck oh my offer 60%of the wood

Thank you for the offer, but i will pass, I need to keep my cost under control, Trucking this much wood to you and then trucking it back would be outrageous, good luck to you!

you want someone to split twenty foot logs?

that's got to be some heavy duty equipment they need to have.

if you want someone to cut the logs and then split them for this "Contract" I'd suggest being more specific. :msp_biggrin:

I'd suggest listing bucking as part of the job as well as lengths of finished wood, rough size of splits, time limits, type/age of wood etc

All this will most likely factor into your contract and abilities of folks applying. Good luck with it.

Hank, thank you for the sugestion. Even though cord king does make a mega spliter to split oversized logs! I have edited my post to include more details.

thats some serious wood sales. Thought I was doin alright, ontrack to do about 100 cords this year. Good on ya man, but with sales like that, why not just buy your own equiptment. Investment back into the company is always a good thing.

Possibly, the wood is not for sale.
Heating a large home with a older style stove can eat up some wood.

Possibly, the wood is not for sale.
Heating a large home with a older style stove can eat up some wood.
Ain't that the truth! I must have burned through at least 600 cords last year trying to heat my old farmhouse but this year should be better, I installed a roof.

attachment.php

Next year I'll be able to afford windows which will really cut down on my wood usage!

Ain't that the truth! I must have burned through at least 600 cords last year trying to heat my old farmhouse but this year should be better, I installed a roof.

attachment.php

Next year I'll be able to afford windows which will really cut down on my wood usage!

You guys have too much time on your hands, this is a real offer with an additional 1000 cords if everything goes well!

No one with a processor will touch tree service wood. It would have to be done with saws and splitters. A thousand cords is a lot of wood and
a ton of labor. If I were you I would invest in the equipment and hire at least a few guys to do the work. For less than 10K you could by
professional quality saws and splitters. You should gross at least 200k on that quantity of wood.

This is a real offer with an additional 1000 cords if everything goes well!
Really?

2000 cord at 2 cord per hour (assuming the processor doesn't break down and the logs are perfectly straight without crotches) would take a guy a hair over 6 months worth of 40 hour weeks to process. That is a lot of time to spend processing for someone else.

Black dog is right, a bunch of guys with saws and splitters would be the way to tackle that much wood.

Better yet, why would you want to pay someone to process 1500-2000 cords of logs when you could just sell the logs in 10 cord semi loads for less overhead cost, a shorter time frame, faster turnaround, and at a higher profit?

I'm looking to hire some one to process 500-1000 cords of firewood, you must have your own equipment to perform this contract. Wood is in log lengths up to 20' and from 8" to 36" diameter. Logs must be cut to length 16"-18" and split into reasonable size pieces for consumers, Wood is mostly hardwoods, Oak, ash, maple all from tree service guys, wood is green as well

Don
631-561-5788

Is this wood all "Blow Down" from this year and last year weather messes
or from clearcutting?, That is my first question.

Please send me a PM if possible

Don
631-561-5788

What do you plan on paying and what would be the payment schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back