Lost for 2 hours in Dixmont

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering writing a short story about the adventure my P85 has sent me on. The gist of the whole thing is that I've met a group of small motor guys, chainsaw and logging etc all in there 60s to 80s in central Maine. Yesterday I picked up an adze head in Hampden at an antique shop called the General Store. The lady at the counter said I should go down the street to Harold's Logging to see about a made handle for it. I've never been so I thought I'd check it out. Some chainsaw stuff, Jonsered light boots etc.. but mostly Skidder and Harvester parts... GB bars. Well as usual I ask about old Partner P-85 parts.. coil specifically. "Well you should go see Harvard Nason in Dixmont".. is what I got for a reply.. "He's not dead is he?" I say as the name sounds like a dead end reference I'd gotten before.. but for a few towns over. So later on that night after work I take off looking for this guy as I suppose I can just drive through Dixmont and he'll show up. I made it to one store that repairs and sells Jonsered.. has a good cheeseburger too. Turns out the guy has his own store down around some winding way. "He lives upstairs if he isn't in the shop" I followed the older lady at the counters directions until I ended up at another country store. "Are you Harvard Nason?"..."Yup"... "Harold's Logging said I should try to find you"... And I explained that I had a saw at RD Faulkner's in Bangor that I was trying to get running... shorted coil.. rotted fuel line. "Was Reggie there?".. "Don't think I got his full attention" Reggie is the main guy at Faulkner's.. and they used to sell Partner saws. Anyways the conversation went on.. he took my number and the part number I was looking for. I bought some raw milk butter.. the farm fresh stuff... a whole other adventure in itself. Then I'd say somehow with the directions I got to get back I ended up in Troy. If the saw never runs at least I've got something to write about.. Boy.. that Bert and I tape I picked up has left a mark on my week.

We need pics like I said

Maybe I'll go visit the saw around Christmas I'll be over that way

Retopcs555 has alot and I can scare up some parts but we need to know which ignition type

Border Closed

RaisedByWolves said:
"I made it to one store that repairs and sells Jonsered.. has a good cheeseburger too."

Gotta love Maine.:)

We're shut down...NO MORE ALLOWED in Paradise. :rockn: Stay home.:buttkick: :buttkick:

I found a coil for you

gunnarfan I found one of my Partners with the electronic ignition

Last edited:
Been There

Been through the hills and valleys of the Dixmont area quite a few times. Nice country! Not too far out for me through.

However, it is a good place to stay away from during a freezing rain/snow/rain event. The hills go up and down and so does the temp. Pretty hard to figure exactly you're driving on, especially in the dark. Don't want to do that ever again:blob2:

At least it turned out better then when I got lost in East LA one night for approx 2 hours.....

:yoyo:

Andy

*Sings*
Lost in east LA.
I was Lost in east LA.

logbutcher said:
We're shut down...NO MORE ALLOWED in Paradise. :rockn: Stay home.:buttkick: :buttkick:

Ya cant do this to me, Im outta Lobster Rolls!!!!

Please, just one more!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Back