Lovejoy Couplers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running the 095 Lovejoy with my 8Hp briggs and Northern mt.Same coupling since 1990 in all kinds of weather from 0 degrees to 80 degrees and no problems.

When I worked at Menards, we used some donut looking couplings

on the transfer beds and they took all kinds of abuse, I think they were made of kevlar and rubber, kind of like the plys of a tire. They would flex if out of alignment....I think we only had one fail and that was because someone cut it and then the belt jammed and the bed was driven off the sorter and the sorter motor was quite large. I don't remember the rating but it weighed over a ton.....it pulled that sorter fast enough to outrun a forklift. If you keep busting lovejoys, maybe you could look into those. Or just use a shear pin.....30 second fix if it does go.

Back to the OP, Have you check Grainger or McMaster-Carr for the "blue inserts that you were looking for?

Just another thought and I have no basis for this but, is it possible the "blue" inserts are not available for the larger coupling as it is rated for higher HP?

I know here at work I would just call one of two vendors I deal with and let them find it for me:D.....

No, haven't done any shopping yet, except for the local farm store, where they only had the black SOX (NBR) spiders.

According to the LJ catalog, they have the blue spiders, but only in open center, which is still good for 3600 rpm max.

Back