low power 210

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big1079

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a ms210c. it lacks power It did get better with a ported muffler. I was wandering if shaving the skirt would ad enough more to make tearing the saw down worth it. it runs a 16" w/oregon 91 chain. Thanks

big1079 said:
I have a ms210c. it lacks power It did get better with a ported muffler. I was wandering if shaving the skirt would ad enough more to make tearing the saw down worth it. it runs a 16" w/oregon 91 chain. Thanks

I wouldn't... If you need more power, get the 025... or, put the 025 piston/cylinder (but you may as well just get an 025 engine and bolt it on).

210 c

Thanks for the info. this is a company saw so I can't just swap it for a bigger one. I was just upset that a 35cc motor would bog so easily in a 6x6 post.

it shouldn't... I cut 6x6 or similar all the time with 210 or 021. With sharp chain it will cut very nicely. Doesn't cut like by 066, but...

The "company" lets you mod the muffler and shave the piston?

big1079 said:

Make sure your chain is razur sharp. Try running a chisel chain in a full ship sequence. I think it is 95vs...You can get it from Bailey's. Do not press hard on the saw in the cut. A properly set up bar/chain will self feed and cut just fine.

Don't get all caught up in "Piston Skirt Shaving". Just sharpen you chain and cut wood before you have saw that will not run properly.

Are these 6x6 railroad ties. If so I would use the cheapest saw I could find and have two extras, an oiler for the bar and someone to spray water on the cut. I just hate cutting those things. Anyone ever tried a carbide bar for the ties?

16gauge said:
Are these 6x6 railroad ties. If so I would use the cheapest saw I could find and have two extras, an oiler for the bar and someone to spray water on the cut. I just hate cutting those things. Anyone ever tried a carbide bar for the ties?

Yes, carbide works much better... all depends on how may rocks you have in the deep cracks!

Back