Lucky day #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
028 value:

Around here I could get $200 to $225 for that saw. Besides the obvious (Stihl product), what helps it is that it has a 20" bar, AV, and a chainbrake. Not to mention it also has an electronic igntion.

They are a great running strong saw, so what if they are on the heavy side.

Nice job on the clean up.

I don't have a source for the parts, but I am green with envy. I sold an 028 super last year, and lived to regret it. With the compression that saw has you should be able to fix those few things and have a nice running Stihl saw. The supers do a bit better on resale value than the regular 028wb's (from what I've seen.). Thanks for the pics, a great job cleaning as well.

You should easily get $200 (+ shipping) for an excellent 028S. They don't call it the Super for nothing. :)

Thanks guys. I have some bar studs coming to install, but I've replaced everything else that needed it. It does run good, and all together it might have $56 dollars invested in it ($25 non-running, $25 for AV mounts and oil caps [used], and the bar studs were $6).

Latest posts

Back