M-tronic/Autotune bologna??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I just found out Lancaster finally has a stocking XP-grade Husky dealer, who I just edumacated about AT deli meats. Think I sold one of the salesmen a 562 from his own store - wonder who gets the commission?

Whats that tell you about the dealer? Its like buying a truck from a (will forgo all the words I could use)that rides a bicycle to work, sad but true.

Here ya go Jer. I wanted to do little comparison vid for ya, show ya just how much these computers can do.....

[video=youtube;EZ4SLdmpEHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ4SLdmpEHM[/video]

The one I had only did that when it first came out of the box. Once it had a couple tanks of fuel through it, that was gone. Power wise, it would absolutely anihilate a MS440. Power was right on par with the 576AT. I despise their constuction, but they are the strongest stock 70cc saw I've ever run.

How is the build quality worse than the older models?

I think the danger is that the technology will move on much sooner than the mechanics will ware out. Don't think you will see many 30 year old saws with auto tune

I think the danger is that the technology will move on much sooner than the mechanics will ware out. Don't think you will see many 30 year old saws with auto tune

Well if one was to take a saw that a pro used for a few years that would be, in all reality, a 30 year old saw for the average joe. And since many pro's retire saws after 4-5 years of hard use and abuse the odds are good you will see them around.

Question for the learned. My dealer tells me when I start my brand new Mtronic saw (MS201 TC-M) in the morning I have to let it idle for "at least" 2 minutes while it "sets it self up". It says nothing of this in the manual, just choke to start, click throttle to move to run & ready to go. What say all of you?

Question for the learned. My dealer tells me when I start my brand new Mtronic saw (MS201 TC-M) in the morning I have to let it idle for "at least" 2 minutes while it "sets it self up". It says nothing of this in the manual, just choke to start, click throttle to move to run & ready to go. What say all of you?

As a follow up, I "tried" the dealers recommendation for a full month to see if it made any difference. No improvement. I then started using it like it should be used, start & go. It ran marginally better for the rest of the season. I will continue using it as is this year until October when my warranty is nearly up (or until I can't tolerate it any more) & then I will ship it to Mr Snelling so he can perform his magic. I should have just bought direct from him in the first place. Lesson learned.

What the dealer probably was talking about is a calibration run. You put the switch to the fully down "cold start" position, start the saw and let it idle without touching the throttle. Let it idle for 90 seconds or so, then, again without touching the throttle, quickly switch it to "off". Now you are good to go. Yes, it does help.

What the dealer probably was talking about is a calibration run. You put the switch to the fully down "cold start" position, start the saw and let it idle without touching the throttle. Let it idle for 90 seconds or so, then, again without touching the throttle, quickly switch it to "off". Now you are good to go. Yes, it does help.

Officer's Match, Thank you for the response.

I have seen that mentioned here before, but also as a multi- step process involving full throttle cuts for 90 seconds as well. The dealer sure didn't say anything about shutting it off. When I purchased it he recommended letting it idle for a minute before use every day. After I took it back to him & told him how poorly it runs/performs the tech hooked it to the computer & assured me it was a-ok, no problems found. They did give me the fancy print out to prove their work. The dealer then recommended 2 minutes of idling. I think they might be out of their depth on this by just a little.

Officer's Match, Thank you for the response.

I have seen that mentioned here before, but also as a multi- step process involving full throttle cuts for 90 seconds as well. The dealer sure didn't say anything about shutting it off. When I purchased it he recommended letting it idle for a minute before use every day. After I took it back to him & told him how poorly it runs/performs the tech hooked it to the computer & assured me it was a-ok, no problems found. They did give me the fancy print out to prove their work. The dealer then recommended 2 minutes of idling. I think they might be out of their depth on this by just a little.

You are welcome. My 441R C-M has become by far my favorite saw and the only one I even run much. If you really want to be correct, the best way to calibrate is by doing just what I said, after removing the bar/chain (and replacing the cover for safety). The saw will sit there and do some funky stuff - partial revs, erratic idle and so on. Shut off in one motion, re-attach bar/chain, and enjoy improved throttle response, quicker revs, and less "hunting" in the cut. Did I mention I love these saws??

Latest posts

Back