M-tronic/Autotune bologna??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel efficiency is without a doubt better w/AT.Reciently I kept saying to myself "Damn, I could sure use a five minute break..., shouldnt this thing be out of fuel by now?"

LOL - it's 15 years old! I had to have the transmission rebuilt on my F250 last year - pissed me off but after 18 years and 160,000 miles I figure it didn't owe anything.

And the Bronco burned because the carb caught fire and burned the wiring harness, which is why you'd rather have a carb?:smile2: You do realize that some would find repairing the wiring harness to be a not-that-awful job? I'd rather fix the harness a dozen times than the exhaust manifold replacement I did on the F250 last fall. I'm perfectly happy with a good carb too, but then I know my way around a carb pretty well, and I can say that the majority of people I've known who had carbs didn't really understand the first thing about them, any more than they would an EFI system. They were just more comfortable with them because they were mechanical and seemed simple.

Yeah, 15 years old as opposed to the '84 Bronco and '75 F-250 and... Actually growing up we had an '86 Bronco (first year with FI) and it sucked literally (had to get a new engine cause it sucked water with the low intake it has). Also compare the wiring harness from a carb model with a newer model why don't'cha. As you say carbs aren't bad at all to adjust if you know what you're doing (which sounds a lot like mechanic work in general). Carter ala Edelbrock carbs work great and are about as simple as a Chainsaw carb. Easy for anyone to adjust properly with a vacuum gauge. But you are right as regards Quadrajets and Holley's etc... which take a little learning curve but still are far easier to deal with than computer controlled everything.

Heck read much about the DPFE alone and you'll read comment after comment about how what was supposed to make the engine more reliable became one of the biggest factors of unreliability, and that's just one part of the system. In fact the whole egr system is ridiculous in my mind and not worth having at all. But you can't really start taking of systems in computer controlled equipment without serious repercussions like you can with a carb system.

Not too difficult for me to stand by my original comments...

:chainsaw:

[video=youtube;_iP81HZ6goM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iP81HZ6goM&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=8&feature=plcp[/video]

I just think it's a shame that Deerjackie can't smoke this A-T/M-tronic bologna!!!!

Sure would make it easier to swallow!!!LOL

Mike

Just a thought, but it doesn't get any simpler that a saw carb. It only has to idle, and wide open'r up. No accelerator or part speed like a vechile. Excuse my spelling. This darn computor I'm using at work will not let me delete for some reason.

i personally like to be able to adjust both high and low

I did too until I had a 562 last fall. And I love it on the 550. It felt weird at first but I'll tell ya, it sure is nice to not have to do it - and even better-- not worry about it. Just pull rope, squeeze trigger, and blast chips until you run out of gas. Then repeat.

Cut a 10 foot chunk of 34" maple for a friend today. Dead about a year and a half. 28" bar, full skip on my 441C. Two cuts into it I hit some dirt in a hollow pocket (figger' ants are the culprit) and took a lot of the edge off my cutters. No files, and I want to finish the "job". By pushing fairly hard, I'm getting chips again. Lickety-split, the M-Tronic figures how we are playing now, and I buck up the rest of the log, and then noodle it into pieces my buddy can move. I for one appreciate the versatility this saw provides. Count me a happy owner - YMMV.

Cut a 10 foot chunk of 34" maple for a friend today. Dead about a year and a half. 28" bar, full skip on my 441C. Two cuts into it I hit some dirt in a hollow pocket (figger' ants are the culprit) and took a lot of the edge off my cutters. No files, and I want to finish the "job". By pushing fairly hard, I'm getting chips again. Lickety-split, the M-Tronic figures how we are playing now, and I buck up the rest of the log, and then noodle it into pieces my buddy can move. I for one appreciate the versatility this saw provides. Count me a happy owner - YMMV.

You could'nt do that with an adjustable carb saw unless you stopped and richened up for it. :D Most wouldnt even want to try that. I know I would'nt because I would'nt want to toast my saw. A saw that can adjust for a dull chain is pretty handy IMO.

Lol.

U never have to sharpen your chain again. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back