Mac 10-10? or PM700?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi cutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. How do you tell the difference between a 10-10 and a PM 700 powerhead? Are there any obvious external give-aways as to what you are looking at? Thanks.

Kiwi cutter said:
Hello all. How do you tell the difference between a 10-10 and a PM 700 powerhead? Are there any obvious external give-aways as to what you are looking at? Thanks.

It will look different than any of the older models of 10-10 but the PM 700 does look very similar to the late model 10-10.

Is the PM 700 any larger or have a heavier weight?

I don't think there were any 700's without the chainbrake side cover and lots of 10-10's were produced earlier with no brakes.

The decompressor is the giveaway on the 7-10/700 but on very late model 10-10s they were fitted as well. Otherwise you would have to check the bore and stroke to be certain.

McBob.

I have read 'coveredinsap's thread on his 250 lately and there are some good suggestions there on how to check the stroke of a saw but what is the best way to check it's bore without stripping it?
I was hoping for some obvious difference in the cooling fins or something simple like that.

Back