Mac 125 Competiton saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powelllake

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This saw was built many years ago by walker and others. I dont know competiton saws. What I do know is that it has a full circle head and modded intake and tuned pipe. How would a saw like this stack up against the new race saws? Where is its place now?

It's hard to tell by looking at it how fast it was back in its day. It would get smoked bad today against the top 3120's.

Last edited:
It could still probably be competitive in some show's, especially in my part of the country. Except for the fact that it would have to run against the bike saw's in most show's around here. Who know's, a new pipe and it might be competitive in the right class.

Andy

This saw was built many years ago by walker and others. I dont know competiton saws. What I do know is that it has a full circle head and modded intake and tuned pipe. How would a saw like this stack up against the new race saws? Where is its place now?

I can see that it has some fancy porting a Mac BDC 22 carb and a poor chamber but with a bit of a cleanup and a better exhaust chamber the Kart engine 101 that it's been fitted with can still be very competitive 3120 or not the saws go hard as the 3120 has it's share of problems as well especially in the cranks and main bearings ..........

Mc Bob.

museum? smoked?

A modified original production saw, 3 cuts , cold start, 18" wood. Bring cash. I will take this pair every time.

Last edited:
mac 125

hello friends what capable 22hp und mac 125 und batible sthil 090av pipe nitro dual carb alcohol v-12 reed block open ports double pump gas?

power?

"more powerful"??
Most all hot saws are designed for a specific race. if your cutting 10" wood or 18" wood the same set of chains/tourqe/RPM ratio's are not going to perform equally. When you talk about a race that has 5-8 guys within one second the operator is a big part of the equation . Alcohol modified stock saws run very well on 10-12" wood with multiple cuts because you can run lighter saw with high chain speed. once you get up around 18"+ and you need more tourqe, the race is longer so saw weight is less important. all this being said i am far from being an expert. I travel a lot and see many guys making developments in many different areas. chain-bars-filing-alcohol-gas additives. there are so many combinations that running race saws is a full time job. you will notice that most "saw guys" are changing things constantly. when someone suggest they have "the fastest saw with the most power" it really means nothing. there are 6 and 8 cylinder saws out there claiming to be the "fastest". they are: one cut down, hot start.
my point: pick a race that is common in your area and build you saw to suit. one saw will not fare well in multiple events due to the drastic variety of events.
ramble ramble ramble, etc, etc.

D

is possible

what consist torque???sp is much power rpm is possible a gem reed valve 14000 rpm alcanzed modifi y 22hp?

mac sp 125

mac sp 125 is superpower enginnering advansament for 30 year and much torque is using for competition more popular from era 1970 and imbatible for years?

keihin2@hotmail

You might get the answers you want if you can form your questions, thoughts and arguments better. Your posts are very difficult to read and I am sure Im not the only one who feels this way.

mac sp 125 is superpower enginnering advansament for 30 year and much torque is using for competition more popular from era 1970 and imbatible for years?

I speak cr@p, lets see, hmmmmm, OK

"The Mac SP125 was engineered ahead of its time and had allot of torque. 30 years ago they were unbeatable. They were very popular in the 70's era competitions."

:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Back