made a little table fo the splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i roughed one out tonight. the idea of a center removable bar that tied the wood catcher table to the leg of the splitter didnt work like i thought it would. while is still was pretty sturdy the more weight i put on the back of the table the more it moved the leg causeint the splitter to "wiggle" s bit. it would probly work ok that way but i think im just gonna make 2 or 3 legs for support and call the game. it will be entirely removable in the off chance i tow it. ill post some pics when i get it done maybe tomorrow after work.

btw i cut the rear table to be 24x26 might be a little big but ill try it for now. bigger is better right? :clap:

Bigger's better as long as it's not in the way, or something you have to reach or bend over ? Then maybe smaller with a lip or edge that makes a cradle ? I like being able to stand & use mine from either side, so I try to keep that in mind when I change or add anything.

well it looks like i wont be splittin this weekend or at least today. i always split from the same side of the splitter so thats no thing for me. i might just use some 2x4's or 4x4's to make legs for the table that would be fine. maybe if the rain clears up tomorrw ill give it a shot. im pile that needs splittin is gettin pretty damn big. i gotta get a handle on it!

Husky, what you need is a canopy then you can split rain or shine :hmm3grin2orange:

Towing a splitter and trailer

Mad Dog Gear (avail from Northern Tool) makes a 3 way hitch that Iput on my JD345 to tow my splitter (2" ball) and trailer (clevis pin) without changing a thing.:chainsaw:

Husky, what you need is a canopy then you can split rain or shine :hmm3grin2orange:

Good idea. Amazing how you can work off frustrations when you can step out and make 'little-uns outa big-uns' for awhile.

Harry K

then add lights to work at night when its cooler in the hot part of the year or when you need to blow off steam. .. and a fan.. and a fridge.... and ...

One of our splitters came with a 2 inch inside square receiver tube under the end of the beam. The hitch plugged in there, but was removeable. Not sure why, it was real short. However, since it was so hard to back up without jacknifing, I welded another hitch on about 6 feet of 2x2 square tubing, for a long tongue. Just unplug it when splitting, else it sticks out in the way. It backs up better, and is easier to manhandle around with longer leverage of long tongue. I wish I had a lawn tractor...

I have also seen tables that plugged into the 2 inch receiver hitch. Maybe you could add the 2-1/2 square tube under there, and fit your table as desired, but still plug in the hitch long enough to use the garden tractor.

k

That sounds like a great idea,.......

well i kinda half assed it on the end but its done. i use 2x4s and wood scraps for the legs. not steel like everything else but it works great. i tried it with about as heavy a chunk as i ever pick up and its a great addition to the splitter! everyone who splits should have tables on the side and past the wedge. i never had to bend over even once it works great.

next time ill take a pic of the mounting tab but i welded a piece of angle iron in the end and out 2 holes in it to slip bolts through to keep the table from moving around away from the splitter. i may add 1 more leg but its totally unnecessary. i jumped ontop of it and it hardly wiggles. anyway heres a few pics.

that last pic is from one chunk of wood and all of it satyed on the table while i was splitting it into smaller pieces it works great.

Yankee Ingenuity

Isn't it great when you can make something that works for you that you just can't buy? I love it and will weld a similar table for mine.:chainsaw:

thanks scoot, your gonna love it. ive only split a few chunks on it so far with the table but i already see the greatness of it. weathers lookin like crap all week and the weekend so i dunno if ill get any splitting done......mmmmm maybe an awning attachment....

Nice Job!

Looks good, husky455rancher. I'm glad you built the table for it after the wedge - - they really do work well.

Al :clap: :clap:

Cut a stump

I'm just going to cut a stump in my work area to the right height and screw 2 pieces of 3/4" CDX into it. Then I'll put my splitter right next to it. Also will double as a sharpening bench!:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back