Made a post in the tradin post but not having much luck.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
No luck in the tradin post so figured id ask here if its allowed.

Looking for a cheap 25" or 28" 3003 bar you may have laying around. Its ok if it needs dressed and is ugly.

Looks dont really matter going to dress and polish and rust inhibit it.

Thanks james

3003 is what everything from an 024/261 through 066/661 runs. Also known as D025.

3005 is the small saws, aka A074 I believe.

3002 is 070/090, 084/880 etc. Don't know the Oregon nomenclature for that one.

Not exactly. 3002 is the bar pattern for 880’s, 075’s and 076’s. 3001 is the pattern for 070/090’s. The adjuster holes are different.

Yup
But
Now many 3002 fit both.
But
Many older 3002 have to be redrilled for 090/070

Not just older bars. The 41” Stihl bar I ordered needed to be drilled. Hard steel too. I burned out half a dozen bits in the process.

Slow WAY down and it will work. With an average HSS drill
Like 150 rpm and pressure

I’ve done a hell of a lot of things in my time, but I’m almost completely self taught at all of them, which means I make all kinds of dumb mistakes because I learned through trial and error and sometimes I’ve had to make that error over and over again before I realize I’m doing something wrong.

I’ve done a hell of a lot of things in my time, but I’m almost completely self taught at all of them, which means I make all kinds of dumb mistakes because I learned through trial and error and sometimes I’ve had to make that error over and over again before I realize I’m doing something wrong.

Its amazing when something finally clicks after you have been doing it the wrong way for years huh...had that happen a few times.

Ever see a Cole drill?
A picture is fine but you may not believe the video.
But it is physics......can’t break the Laws of Physics.....
Unlike the Rule about Speeding on the road.

Not just older bars. The 41” Stihl bar I ordered needed to be drilled. Hard steel too. I burned out half a dozen bits in the process.
Low RPM with a cobalt bit and cutting oil will cut a few holes. I just learned this in my own thread. Although I got too heavy handed on the second hole and ended up wrecking the bit anyhow.

Back