Made my decision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another MS250 fan!

I've had my MS250 for about three weeks now, and I really like it! Mine has the 16" bar running .325 RS chain, and it's a wood eatin' little SOB. My buddy bought it new back in Feb along with an MS361 and only ran it a couple of times. He decided that he was happy enough with the 361 that he really didn't need the 250, so he dealt it to me and I'm glad he did! I know some folks here don't like the AV on the 250. May have just been a problem on earlier models, but I haven't found it to be an issue at all. Of course 90% of my saws up till now haven't had any AV at all and I always wear mechanix-type gloves while cutting anyway, so...........
Anyway, give it a few tanks of fuel to break in, put an RS chain on it and enjoy! :cheers:

any advise on how to break it in?

the dealer told me not worry and just use it as normal!

thank you all again for all the encouraging words.

I was charged $41.70 for a STI26RM-62E chain (extra chain), is that too much?
Also the chain has the green link on it, am i missing something or is that a different chain?

deeeez said:
any advise on how to break it in?

the dealer told me not worry and just use it as normal!

thank you all again for all the encouraging words.

I was charged $41.70 for a STI26RM-62E chain (extra chain), is that too much?
Also the chain has the green link on it, am i missing something or is that a different chain?

$41 for a (as in single) chain?????

Yes, that's too much. $18-21 is more in line for a single Stihl chain from a dealer.

Chaser

I know it seems a bit much for a chain..
I think I'll return it...

I'd ask them if they made a mistake... $24.50 is the marked up "list" price of a single loop, and if they made up their own from a reel, well.. let's just say - you were robbed.

wagonwheeler said:
Maybe swap it even for a spare BAR and hard case!

$41.70 has to be a national record for a 16" loop...

lol I feel like an ass! :angry:
I'll go there tomorrow and return it... she told me that this was an RSC chain... I didn't even bother looking at how much she charged me until i got home...

deeeez said:
andy how should i break in the saw?

Just use it.. Don't do long multi-minute cuts in big wood for a few tanks. If you do, stop every few minutes and let the saw idle for a couple.

deeeez said:
lol I feel like an ass! :angry:
I'll go there tomorrow and return it... she told me that this was an RSC chain... I didn't even bother looking at how much she charged me until i got home...

Don't sweat it, but you should make THEM feel the way YOU feel by asking..."Was it a mistake that you charged me nearly double list price or is there a credit of some sort that should've been indicated?"

Give 'em some room to make it right.

MS250 w/ 16" b&c is $309 here (price went up from $289 :mad:) The $41.70 should NOT be for the spare chain AND the one that came on the saw...don't buy the chain on the saw twice...

FYI, at my dealer if you buy a saw you get a hard case for $15 (or less...at thier discretion :) )

If you have to, just tell them you'll bring everything back and would like to start over...Stihl has a 7 day no questions return policy...or something like that.

RSC is good stuff. Just stick w/ RSC or RS or RM.

Not RSC3 or RM2...

Chaser

Even the RSC3 works pretty good! Just avoid the RM2.

BTW, if it has a green link, it's either RSC3 or they made if up from a reel and put on the wrong color link. RSC should have a yellow lnk.

Must be getting the loop of chains from the same place coveredinS-- used to get his $40 loops from. Take it back fast. I never paid over $20 for 16" loops in 3/8 RS and $16 for .325 RS.

Cut4fun said:
Must be getting the loop of chains from the same place coveredinS-- used to get his $40 loops from. Take it back fast. I never paid over $20 for 16" loops in 3/8 RS and $16 for .325 RS.

hahaha, I remember giving Sap a hard time about those prices he paid for chain.

Sounds like this man got charge for 2 and got one, I'd be making a call or a visit to get that price strightened out.

Lakeside53 said:
Even the RSC3 works pretty good! Just avoid the RM2.
Do you know if the ramps on the drivers are the same size as Oregon LP etc, or if they are larger?

The Oregon ramps don't seem to slow down the cutting at all......:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back