Magazine for Saw enthusiasts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you want to see?

• Monthly

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • Quarterly

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stupid Idea

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
I would be in like flynn. I agree it would be nice to have an easily accessable source for nos, used parts suppliers and builders.As far as the oldsaw collection photos and articles, maybe Lewis Brander would help contribute in that department. His resto's are amazing.

I think its a great idea. I know I would buy every issue. I think a magazine pertaining to chainsaws and related topics would be awesome. It would be great for the saw makers as well. They would have to be the big sponcers since they would bennifit the most from such a magazine.

Darin you should contact all the big makers and see if they would be interested in having their all their products advertised all over the country. I'm sure they would and no doult they have the funds to sponcer such a magazine.

There is so many models since the early 1900's to cover the info would fill volumns. Subject matter in would be endless.

Great idea.

There used to be a magazine called (Chainsaw Age) I have a few copies of it. I could send you a few if it would help.They haven't made it in years but I think you could get some good ideas from it.

Rick

HELSEL said:
There used to be a magazine called (Chainsaw Age) I have a few copies of it. I could send you a few if it would help.They haven't made it in years but I think you could get some good ideas from it.

Rick

Rick I think that is right, I was thinking wrong ( I said chainsaw world) or maybe there was both.

Rotax

Rotax Robert said:
Not to mention I am also the FASTEST and BEST LOOKING saw man out there, so I will do the coverpage first...least I can do.

Rotax

Are you the fastest on 3 cuts cold start?(lol) I think it would be hard to cold start a v8 and make 3 cuts.

Rick

Good point Rick, It might throw an elbow out pulling the rope and the up cut might be pretty rough also. Thanks for pointing that out.

Rotax

Well, might look at one issue, just for the heck of it. But don't have all that much time to keep up with periodicals. Few yr. back, tired of my stacks of unread until someday in the future mag's I went on a rampage and cancelled most of my sub's. Don't miss any of them, but if others would like a saw mag I don't see why not, for them.

I am out till at least March on this idea.
I am getting a printer around January and I need to put some more ideas etc. together before I start. I think we could do the stories and commentary easily. The sponsorship is what I have to work on. I want it to be a free newsletter.

this might sound stupid but what about an online magazine/newsletter to start off with, you could even make it so it has to be paid for before it can be downloaded , or a contributions/donations for the privilege of reading it online, if you are not after making a profit. this way there would be no real expense on outlay for the mag. as for ask the experts, i have learnt more in the last couple of weeks off you guys on here, between you there is a wealth of knowledge, and i for one would like to say thanks for a great forum.

mav

Definitely NOT a stupid question, this is the time to brainstorm ideas exactly like yours. However... (JMHO, mind you.)

I don't take my PC to the crapper. I'd like a hard copy. A net-zine wouldn't be much different than this site right here - different presentation, but same method of viewing, same info...

bump_r said:
Definitely NOT a stupid question, this is the time to brainstorm ideas exactly like yours. However... (JMHO, mind you.)

I don't take my PC to the crapper. I'd like a hard copy. A net-zine wouldn't be much different than this site right here - different presentation, but same method of viewing, same info...

I agree about the crapper bit. However, I'd be open to the idea of a net-zine IF it was in a format that lent itself to printing.

When it's all said and done, the magazine idea will only work if it provides unique, useful content AND goes beyond what we can find on the forums and on manufacturer websites.

I will be in for a quarter. Sounds like a great idea. The outdoor power mags now are to much on mowing.

Latest posts

Back