Maintenance is key

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I go to a customers house to move and stack some wood i cut this summer .
attachment.php

attachment.php

I drag out my saws to block up some spruce to give to a friend ,
attachment.php

forgot to put the new oil cap on the 034 so the old one leaked leaked all over me so I grabbed the 361 , oil and fuel it up , I talk to my 10 year old , pick up the saw and pour a quarter tank of fuel on myself (forgot to close the cap ) .
But the weather was good , still filled up the truck , my 10 year old had a good time so you can still have a good day if you forget do your maintenance but I might not have smelled of gas if I had fixed my oil leak .

:cheers:

ive done that with the oil, i fumbled around with the funny stihl caps for a bit when i had first gotten one and thought it was on tight, i started walking and the backs of my pants were getting awfully sticky and wet, i turned around and i had dumped all the bar oil down the backs of my legs. i had to walk back up to the truck to refill, i made sure that it was tight after that. Dont feel bad though it happens

Slightly off topic, but......

I did that with an old 16 hp briggs motor. Changed the oil, forgot to put on the cap and cranked it over beside my Uncle's pickup with the driver window open. Man, that motor could really shoot some oil. Took longer to clean out the pickup than to mow the lawn!
When I read this post I was thinking about my lawn mower a small push mower 20 years old that I had to park side way's in the shed to make room for more firewood. Yep hydro lock remove plug pull six times put plug back in start. Never have changed the plug on it.
But I did remember to stay out of the way when I pulled it over.

Slightly off topic, but......

I did that with an old 16 hp briggs motor. Changed the oil, forgot to put on the cap and cranked it over beside my Uncle's pickup with the driver window open. Man, that motor could really shoot some oil. Took longer to clean out the pickup than to mow the lawn!

You should see what happens when the BIL checks his oil and forgets to put the cap back on 350km's ago (I'm amazed it didn't catch fire).:)

How about putting the CS mill in the van with a full Aux oiler.
Drive about 60 miles to milling site
Arrive at destination - van parked nose up on steep slope - open back door and stuff starts to slide outta the back of the van!
The ribbed rubber floor has allowed just about everything in the back of the van (chaps, gloves, ear muffs, even lunch) covered in bar oil. Something in the back of the van must have hit the oiler and knocked the feeder pipe off. :chainsaw:

How about putting the CS mill in the van with a full Aux oiler.
Drive about 60 miles to milling site
Arrive at destination - van parked nose up on steep slope - open back door and stuff starts to slide outta the back of the van!
The ribbed rubber floor has allowed just about everything in the back of the van (chaps, gloves, ear muffs, even lunch) covered in bar oil. Something in the back of the van must have hit the oiler and knocked the feeder pipe off. :chainsaw:

I have knocked over oil cans , driven over cases of oil , forgotten drain plugs and oil caps but never covered more than the floor , bonnet or myself .

You Win .
:cheers:

Back