Makita Chainsaws....Crazy about the blue....post your pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is stock (oem), bought everything from Nate.
no, I get it ...you just stated that you are going to put a big bore kit on it, and I just stated what I did .....and wish I would have done ....I just sold the one I posted ....now on the look out for another dcs6421:) this one I will do the oem 52mm top just to see the difference the www.weedeaterman top end ran very strong :drinking:

no, I get it ...you just stated that you are going to put a big bore kit on it, and I just stated what I did .....and wish I would have done ....I just sold the one I posted ....now on the look out for another dcs6421:) this one I will do the oem 52mm top just to see the difference the www.weedeaterman top end ran very strong :drinking:

I misread your post. Mea culpa.

Are there any models that could bought as a Domar, Makita (oe) and Makita (ne)?

With the change over from Jonsered to RedMax I'm going to have the same saw in three editions soon!
What dolmar/kita you looking for Jack, got one or two here. Get pictures later, but they may make your eyes sore lol.

Notice how the the handlebars get progressively more angled as the saw size goes up. I really like the ergos of my 420. The first thing I noticed with my new 5105 was the slightly different angle. I was surprised it was not exactly the same. And somewhat disappointed.

Is there a reason why?

I thought that a sawmaker would be consistent in this respect. Shows what I know.

Notice how the the handlebars get progressively more angled as the saw size goes up. I really like the ergos of my 420. The first thing I noticed with my new 5105 was the slightly different angle. I was surprised it was not exactly the same. And somewhat disappointed.

Is there a reason why?

I thought that a sawmaker would be consistent in this respect. Shows what I know.
No I didn't, I guess I'll have to get some smaller ones and check that out :D.

Mine is not a red or blue post,... but you guys may be the ones to ask so here goes.
I stopped in to the local Dolmar dealer today and they have the PS 5105 w/a 16" bar for $369.95 is that a good buy?. I am thinking about purchasing a new saw my newest is a 1984 Partner 5000. This saw is closest in displacement. I don't need a huge saw 50cc - 60 cc is plenty. My main thing is I want a saw that starts well. I have shoulder issues and hate to tug on a saw. I am thinning portions of my woodlot so all sizes of wood but none over 20" most likely. You guys have some nice looking saws and I hope it's ok that I jumped in. Thanks Jeff

Mine is not a red or blue post,... but you guys may be the ones to ask so here goes.
I stopped in to the local Dolmar dealer today and they have the PS 5105 w/a 16" bar for $369.95 is that a good buy?. I am thinking about purchasing a new saw my newest is a 1984 Partner 5000. This saw is closest in displacement. I don't need a huge saw 50cc - 60 cc is plenty. My main thing is I want a saw that starts well. I have shoulder issues and hate to tug on a saw. I am thinning portions of my woodlot so all sizes of wood but none over 20" most likely. You guys have some nice looking saws and I hope it's ok that I jumped in. Thanks Jeff
Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't typically buy new, and when I do I don't go to the dealer to get them as I buy them off someone else who never ran them, yes, may sound funny lol.
You could also get a price from @fordf150 as he is a dealer and a sponsor if I'm not mistaking. Search for his number as that's normal the quickest way to reach the guys who are dealers, they are pretty busy. If you need help getting his number hit me up in a PM and I'll get it to you, my name is Brett.
To stay on topic here's a couple more :).
20170628_102740.jpg

If the 5105 has the easy start recoil on it, it will typically start with a light half pull when warm, and 1 or two light full pulls when cold. They are a very good saw.

I don't want to hijack this cool thread but you are the kind of person I was hoping to hear from.( no offence meant to anyone else) What I mean is,.. in your sig line you have several different brands. I think if you have run different makes of saws and you still like the Dolmar that says something.

Back