Makita Chainsaws....Crazy about the blue....post your pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first met LOML, she drove a hot '73 Plymouth Duster in Basin street blue with black trim. Even though she sold the car in 1979, she took one look at my Makita 520i right after I bought it and said "Edwin, never sell that saw under any circumstances. That's the best looking saw in your shop."

Dahmer, that engine won't even be breathing hard with that 20" bar (or is it an 18"?). The 6401 will be saying, "Ho Hum... Got anything bigger to give me a challenge?"

Nice job. That saw will not let you down. Mine never has.
It’s a 20” but I have a 24” going on for final tune after muffler mod.

Home Depot sells these after they are done as rentals for $322 and they get sucked up as quick as HD puts them up for sale.
Not in Canada, they told me because of liability, its in the dumster they go.

I have a DCS 340 DCS 401 and a Dolmar 7900. And an electric one
Ya should all put a 8 pin and a 20in bar on yer 7900, fun!!

Not in Canada, they told me because of liability, it's in the dumster they go.

I have a DCS 340 DCS 401 and a Dolmar 7900. And an electric one
Ya should all put a 8 pin and a 20in bar on yer 7900, fun!!
Liability to whom? That's the dumbest move I've seen the Canadians do for years. Who's running the government in Canada these days?

Liability to whom? That's the dumbest move I've seen the Canadians do for years. Who's running the government in Canada these days?
We have a waif running the show,, paints rainbow crosswalks and sends billions all over the world, brings in tons of refugees who well over 70% arent working, after more than a year. cant speak the language,, dont wann work,,ya need more??? Might not be enough bandwidth,,,

We have a waif running the show,, paints rainbow crosswalks and sends billions all over the world, brings in tons of refugees who well over 70% arent working, after more than a year. cant speak the language,, dont wann work,,ya need more??? Might not be enough bandwidth,,,
Sounds like we need another Iron Lady taking control. Hate to get into politics, but it sounds rather disturbing to say the least. I did hear that things got so cold up in Montreal this past week that a few left wing liberals were walking around with their hands in their own pockets. Might be a step in the right direction.

The hi tops? There Dolmar/Makita issue. I like them and haven’t had the issues others talk about. I get them from Nate, @fordf150.
Know Nate well. Don’t those increase air flow and performance? Any hassle to install? Sorry to be a pain, thanks.

Easy to install, everything needed is included.
I think they filter better but others think the elbow restricts airflow and reduces rpm's.....I don't see it as most of my 6400-7900 I have are ported and unlimited. Most are tuned mid 14's and run high 12's & 13's in wood with them. Not sure if that could get any better!!

Just a quick note on Poleman's Husky bar that he has mounted on his Makita 6401 in Post #71. I have been able to use Husky bars that fit my Husky 61, but the new 25" bar I bought for my Husky 257 will not fit the Makita 6401. The bar's groove is a tad narrow and the oil holes don't line up with the saw's slot. Just another battle between MFG's.

On the other hand, I have mounted a Husky bar for a 350 or 353 on my Makita 520i and it oils OK.

Latest posts

Back