Makita/Dolmar Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw is not China built, it's built by me, and I am pretty thorough and have plenty of time to do it right.
This one's got a 52mm 76,5cc cylinder with no base gasket and a pop-up piston, lotsa different parts in there - OEM too.
Now it only needs some silver colored stickers and to engrave the serial ID plate with my name on it...
View attachment 1023079 View attachment 1023080
Ok , sorry . I do not support anything that supports China ! However if it gives you pleasure have at it . It certainly appears like you have done your homework . If it measures up to your needs good on you brother !

Same quality and superbly comfortable AV as a 7900? off course not. And, if you thought your 79 was thirsty - its really nothing at all compared to this cowboy. Very, very thirsty...
Yeah , tough to beat Dolkitas AV , & yep everyone of my German saws have been thirsty , especially my Solo ! Guess thats why Romel , had trouble in WWII lol. :crazy:

Never ran a 371.
My Dolmar 7900 was the original all red version.
Yeah, they were gas pigs , trouble with their oilers . 2004 if memory serves me correctly , would have to check . My 1st 7900 was around that time 2005 or 2006 . I only had it for a few yrs . My current prz2 is my 4th 7 series , likely my last . I have my eyeball on a 6400 to fill out my Dolkita line up . ;)

Great thread! I have parts for Dolmar Chainsaw in 2023 Apr. No harm dropping me a PM with some part numbers and I will check if we have something you need to keep these Dolmar going for the next 5 to 10 years!

-oldpartsinasia Joe

Back