Mall 7H Information......Helppppppppp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no longer collecting

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am in the process of restoring a Mall 7H. I found a lever with a screw attachment (nothing attached to it) that goes inside the casing just above the carburator behind gaz tank, just beside "tickle pump". To me it looks like some kind of governer assembly and the shaft i am seing is probably going to an air deflector close to the fan. If you have a dig/camera could you send me some pics of different views around the carburator. I would appreciate......
thanks............Alain,

Hey Alain,
How did the packages fair getting to you? The linkage and screw is for the air vane govenor. Most just diconected these to keep the saw reving good. What do you think of the condition of the saw?
Thanks again
Bob

mall 7h

It got here pretty fast...nothing damaged ......cost me another $60.00 for canadian customs and our famous taxes(provincial and federal).
Took the tranny out and clutch is perfect.
removed the mufflers and rings are not seized.
there was a broken piece on the intake carb stud....someone tried to fix it but i shaved a part of cast to insert a 1/4 inch back plate and treaded both intake and exhaust port with new studs...now it is solid.
I think it is worth trying to save her.
I would like to reconnect the fan vane lever but i dont know where it connects.
JUST like being a woman......always something to fix but cant live without them.......hummmmmmmmmmm ????????????????
I think i will stick with my chainsaws.... he! he! he! i like them better and they never complaint :) :) :)

That makes 2 of the last 3 packages I sent into Canada that got hit with the tariffs. Is there away I can ship saws and tractor parts so the people that are getting it do not have to pay on their end? Man it is not good when they hit you like that. Is it based on the value of it? If it is it must almost be 100% of the value of it. Its just crazy. I will check my other saws and see where the air vane is connected. Might be off on them too though.
Thanks
Bob

custom fees.

Bob,
The way it works if i remember is that any amount over $60.00 will be charged unless you declared the item as "good or gifts" with a minimal value. If is is handle by USPS it becomes a "Canada post " alliance with the USA and not all of the items are checked.Sometimes it cost nothing ...other times you will pay a $5.00 handling fee plus the 2 taxes.
But on the contrary if you use FEDEX...UPS...DHL... "all" items are checked since they become bonded customs release carriers...their handling fees is a minimum of $25.00 plus all the taxes and everything is taxable.
I think the cheapest is USPS but more risky since they handle more stuff and if it is a heavy item they have a tendency of being careless.
I also think that at the customs due to security reasons (custom agents dont carry guns) there has been a fiew incidents where they had to call for police support and they work to rule since then.
SO for USPS it is about $1.00 per lbs plus $5.00 handling plus taxes.
For independent it is about $1.00 per lbs plus $25.00 and more (weight+size) for handling plus taxes.
I guess we cant avoid it anymore ... :( :( :(

Back