Man, I Love October

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You expressed my feelings about "mission critical" chores perfectly. I was trying to explain that to the Missus, but I'm more or less responsible for the "outside" chores so she didn't quite get it the same way.

The lawn has slowed waaay down, I'll cut it close once more to make raking easier. Vegetable garden is done with and as much as I love gardening, sometimes the weeding, the picking stuff before it turns bad, the preserving... it wears on you. I'm always ready for it the next year, but when it's all done, it's good that it's done. You can relax a bit more. The squash is in, the potatoes are dug, corn stalks and asparagus are cut. Beans are shelled. 'Bout all there is to do is spread a little manure and plow it under, which is fun to do. And no hurry, just needs to be done before the ground freezes.

Flower beds aren't growing weeds anymore. 'Mums are in and are damn near impossible to kill. Trimming around the house and barn is all done with. No more bush hogging. No more bugs.

Yep, now's the time of year where all us rural folk can take a collective breather... drink some beer, eat some apple crisp, watch a little football and enjoy the fruits of our summer labors.

:cheers:

have no idea why im sitting inside on the computer, just got a new wood burner and i need to get moving;)

Hey spidey. Get some good replacement windows and half your fall chores would be done forever.

Yep I love the fall myself. No more sweating just crackin a cold one. Hunting seasons are here. Yard work slows down (sort of) and did I mention that hunting seasons are here.

Now if I could just realign the sun so the days wouldn't get shorter.

Hey spidey. Get some good replacement windows and half your fall chores would be done forever.

Yep I love the fall myself. No more sweating just crackin a cold one. Hunting seasons are here. Yard work slows down (sort of) and did I mention that hunting seasons are here.

Now if I could just realign the sun so the days wouldn't get shorter.

He's got you there. You are always talking about doing things the least amount of times as possable. Like touching the wood.

fall is here, ducks in the ponds, geese in the fields, deer everywhere, and sat mornings spent splitting wood with my father

Yeah late September thru late October Gotta be the best time of year IMO. Great job painting a picture of what sounds like a perfect day:pumpkin2:

Tonight I went up the the place I'm cutting at and there was a ground fog about 10" above the ground and there were 4 deer walking thru the open field man do I wish I had my camera with me tonight

Latest posts

Back