Mans best friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice dog elmnut. i was wondering what you were going to do about another pup. a rotti huh? i havent seen one in a while, nice choice.

oldirty

heres a few pics of my little horse of a dog 20 months 170lbs achellies.and my girls 1yr old at 1.75 lbs named lola:greenchainsaw:

just a great dog the american bulldog.
good with kids, loves the family, can smell "weird" on people, great athletic dog.
wont let a stranger in the house if you dont know who it is.
i know it is a biased opinion but i think its one of the better breed of dog.

a couple different bloodlines too so you can choose which one you want.

oldirty

The AB is in my top ten of best breeds! Great Molosser! :clap:

If I had the room he would be about 8th on my list to get. My neighbors already hate my OEB and St. Bernard. Imagine if I got the Fila and Boerboel I want...:dizzy:

Thats why you should only buy a dog from a code of ethics breeder.You would have gotten a guaranteed contract that your dog would not inherit hip dyslpasia.:deadhorse: Thats just my opinion.You will pay more for the dog but you don't get all the problem associated with bad breeding's.
Later RCI

Not always true.........how many breeders give more than a year guarantee? HD doesnt show until at least 2 years of age, and thats only with a good X-ray tech who knows what to look for.
I have never heard a breeder give a lifetime guarantee..........

Here is my 5 year old OEB. Great family dog, protector, and super active. What more could you ask for? Like the other that posted pics of Molosser type dogs, if you dont own one you wouldnt understand. They are a whole different type of dog than your average lab.

nice dogs BB.

that bernard is gonna be a bign.

and whats all this molossar and fila and boerboel all about. latin?

oldirty

nice dogs BB.

that bernard is gonna be a bign.

and whats all this molossar and fila and boerboel all about. latin?

oldirty

Thanks! I take a lot of pride in my dogs. I live in a suburban neighborhood so the larger more protective dogs will have to wait.
Check out this site and search some of the names I have mentioned.....
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a-z.htm

Molosser is the "type" of dog. It refers to dogs that are large, and old as a breed. Here is the definition from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molosser

Fila.....the only dog in the world to have a true distaste, "Ojeriza", for humans not in his immediate family. It is a Brazilian breed, very dominant, loyal, affectionate, and truly amazing. A one dog house though unless you are a true master of this breed.

Boerboel........an African hunting dog. It is a great family dog. Goes out in the morning with the family to harvest. It will watch the kids while adults are working, catch a meal for lunch and protect everything at night. they are gaining popularity and getting toned down in the states but some people still breed working examples in the states. Simply amazing with the family and property. I have a friend who has one. When he leaves for work it jumps onto a 6' stone wall near his house, and watches the entire property only coming down to drink, defecate, and when a member of his family comes home!

Enough rambling.........

Here is my 5 year old OEB. Great family dog, protector, and super active. What more could you ask for? Like the other that posted pics of Molosser type dogs, if you dont own one you wouldnt understand. They are a whole different type of dog than your average lab.

And aren't they ATTRACTIVE TOO !

Thats why you should only buy a dog from a code of ethics breeder.You would have gotten a guaranteed contract that your dog would not inherit hip dyslpasia.:deadhorse: Thats just my opinion.You will pay more for the dog but you don't get all the problem associated with bad breeding's.
Later RCI

Not always true.........how many breeders give more than a year guarantee? HD doesnt show until at least 2 years of age, and thats only with a good X-ray tech who knows what to look for.
I have never heard a breeder give a lifetime guarantee..........

I bought my Yellow lab from a breeder with a money back guarranty. Both parents were certified hip checked. Our dog was just under a year when I noticed her hoping her both legs together going up stairs. Took her in for x-rays and sure enough severe HP Called the breeder........ sure no problem bring the dog back and we'll refund your money, like that was going to happen. We give her her glucosomine every day and she seems to be doing better than expected.

camp065.jpg

Abby001.jpg

camp009.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from a Grouse hunt, This photo was taken minutes before he led me down the hill to that fallen tree (far right of pic) Got two ruffies outa of there how he new they were in there I have no Idea.Then my batteries went dead!!! I think it was the cold as digital cameras don't seam to like cold it was -16c this afternoon.But would like to have got a pic of the cover the birds were hiding in.

What a nice lookin Rottie. I wish I could get another but I've already got three. Tried talkin the wife into fostering homeless dogs but she says we're filled up.

this is KO my presa canario. BostonBull if your interested in a molosser check these out as well. Oh, and I chose the name KO when I started my own tree business. Its short for Colections but spelt with a K. "if you don't pay you talk to the KOlections department"...lol

this is KO my presa canario. BostonBull if your interested in a molosser check these out as well. Oh, and I chose the name KO when I started my own tree business. Its short for Colections but spelt with a K. "if you don't pay you talk to the KOlections department"...lol

Great looking dog you have there. PDC are Magnificent dogs! Again top ten in my molosser list

Thanks BB. If and when your ready let me know. I would be happy to help someone who know's bullies. I am sure you would love a presa.. not a dogo... lol

Thanks BB. If and when your ready let me know. I would be happy to help someone who know's bullies. I am sure you would love a presa.. not a dogo... lol

One of my buddies bought a presa about a year ago. They are great looking dogs, with awesome attitudes.

Dogos have great attitudes as well, but look too much like great danes for my liking.

Best place to start in on elpresa.com. There is actually a big difference between the presa and dogo that I am sure you would apperciate. KO is the greatest though the most obident and yet primal dog. 28" at the shoulder and 140lbs, 26"neck and jumps 6' in the air. Seriously, I could not recomend one more to the right owner. Let me know and I will help is any way.

Back