Manual for a MK 348 lickity log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millbilly

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked up a used lickity splitter. Can't get the high/low to operate correctly.
I looked threw the old threads most people haven't been on n years.
Thanks
Keith

Hey Bob, thanks for your reply. I'm not a big fan of Lowell. He is nothing but a big gouger, let me go into details. I needed 2 "O" rings, for the high/ low actuator. He said he had them. Great how much I asked. Then he tells me $5.00 per "O" ring and $15.00 shipping, ( Fastenall has them, $1.85 for 50) he didn't realize I have a parts list too. Then he proceeds to tell me he has this manual, it is about 40 pages, much superior than the original manual that I have. He won't give any details if it would help with my problems, just buy it and hope. The guys a scum bum trying to gouge people because he has the keys to the car. I would sell the splitter for scrape before I gave that man, the time of day!

I hope you never sell another part Lowell.

Hey Lowell if you think I'm an internet tough guy hiding behind a computer screen My shop is located at 875 Aston Mills Rd. Aston, Pa. 19014. I'm there m/f at 7:30 am. With a little effort you can get my phone number its no big secret.
Keith Laulis

Let you know what kind of guy I am, storm damage gets billed the same as routine I don't stick it up some ones butt because of their misfortune.

Yes, his prices are high, but you said you were looking for a manual.

This is where I got my o-rings: http://www.oringsusa.com/ No minimum, but shipping is high if you only buy 1 or 2. I bought o-rings for everything on my splitter and my floor jack at the same time. The nice thing about this place is you don't have to buy bags of 50 if you don't want to.

My dealing with Lowell in person were the opposite. He spent 1 1/2 hours with me teaching me how to sharpen a chainsaw with file years ago. He has given me free advice over the phone on problems over the years. I got the manual for my splitter (EK308) for free by copying the original and bringing him 3 to keep. Maybe he was having a bad day when you talked to him.

Bob

Yes, his prices are high, but you said you were looking for a manual.

This is where I got my o-rings: http://www.oringsusa.com/ No minimum, but shipping is high if you only buy 1 or 2. I bought o-rings for everything on my splitter and my floor jack at the same time. The nice thing about this place is you don't have to buy bags of 50 if you don't want to.

My dealing with Lowell in person were the opposite. He spent 1 1/2 hours with me teaching me how to sharpen a chainsaw with file years ago. He has given me free advice over the phone on problems over the years. I got the manual for my splitter (EK308) for free by copying the original and bringing him 3 to keep. Maybe he was having a bad day when you talked to him.

Bob

What does a Bad Day , and $25 Dollar "O" Rings have in common?

. Saw this post. I have the mk348 also. High low won't work. Linkage not going far enough to pull the actuator. Have same feelings about Webb. Made my own skid plate for the ram after seeing his price on the brass ones. Got another problem with the hydraulics now. Air in the fluid. Working on it without a manual is tough. Wanted you to know that your not alone with your 348 .

I have a Lickety Splitter that I inherited from my father-in-law. It was purchased new in early to mid 80's. I can't tell the model, the tag is missing.
It has a 8hp Kohler, 32 inch stroke, 12" wedge, lowers to flat ground for splitting. Has some issues with the governor on the engine not working, switching from high to low when splitting and handle want go forward to stop position so it can advance hands free until it hits reverse rod. I could really use manuals for this machine, does anyone know the possible model number of my machine?
Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• IMG_7776.jpg
    IMG_7776.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7775.jpg
    IMG_7775.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7774.jpg
    IMG_7774.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7773.jpg
    IMG_7773.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7772.jpg
    IMG_7772.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Webb Farm Supply in Soquel, California ought up all the remaining parts inventory when Piqua Engineering went out of business. Lowell Webb owns the business. I have a EK308 that I acquired in 2002. Webb had the manuals and parts I needed to get my splitter going. This is Webb's contact info: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=webb+farm+supply. Be warned that Piqua Engineering stopped selling these splitters in the early 1980's and parts are scare. Lowell knows that and prices reflect scarcity.

The manual comes with an IPL. Piqua listed standard o-ring sizes and other sizes for easy to get and make parts I haven't had to get a lot from Webb's and have used my splitter for over 20 years to heat my house.

You have a nice splitter there, congratulations. I am very happy with my EK308 but wished I had a EK348.

Bob

Back