Massey Ferguson 135 Carb Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdmando

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know this is not the correct section of the forum for this but I also know that this section is full of very sharp people that might have an answer for me...one I was hoping to get before I head off to work tomorrow.

Thanks for bearing with me on this one.

Can anyone tell me what this part is called and what it does? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 307039

I was under the impression that it is an electric fuel shutoff of some sort. I was told that I need a new one but I dont know how to search for it without knowing the name and all my internet searches have yielded nothing.

Byrdmando

Yup, fuel shutoff.

Look in the outdoor power equipment section of evilbay. It's best to know the make and model of the engine (i.e. Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, etc.) and also the make of the carb. will help.

Check and see if it is just gummed up or shorted out. All the junk in the float bowl settles in them.

Thanks 67.

Quick follow up. It appears to move freely but is there a way for me to test it to be sure it works? Thanks.

Byrdmando

On MOST small engines that I have worked on... all you have to do is ground the housing and put 6 or 12 volts positive power to the wire and it should make some movement. IF it is able to be dis assembled, do so and check it out. I have seen MANY of those corrode the inside solid.

And it is a PRETTY standard part for larger (10HP and larger engines) to have a fuel cutoff like this in the carb bowl or carb body somewhere.. and they are a big place to look at if your engine will not run consistently, or at all.

Id try some juice to it a few times and if that doesnt work, price one out. :)

You have one of the newer 135s with the 3 cylinder Perkins and a Zenith carb. The carb number should be 013338 it may have an E or F at the end of that number, doesn't matter, all parts are the same.
You need the electric fuel shut off. Massey part number is 520 949 M92.

Later
Dan

Dozerdan,

Thank you so much. Actually, thanks to everyone that replied to this.

This place has some really good guys and I never cease to be amazed at the knowledge base contained in one location.

Byrdmando

I know this is not the correct section of the forum for this but I also know that this section is full of very sharp people that might have an answer for me...one I was hoping to get before I head off to work tomorrow.

Thanks for bearing with me on this one.

Can anyone tell me what this part is called and what it does? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 307039

I was under the impression that it is an electric fuel shutoff of some sort. I was told that I need a new one but I dont know how to search for it without knowing the name and all my internet searches have yielded nothing.

Byrdmando

You are correct, this is not the correct place to post this and it should be deleted or moved.

Be a bright guy and do a google search for Massey Ferguson forums. I'll bet you find a bunch of sharp people there.

I like your top link on the three point.

Later
Dan

I do have a real top link, it just seems to me that the chain works better for this application since the mower is towed and not supported by the three point. The chain allows it to always be level with the ground.

You are correct, this is not the correct place to post this and it should be deleted or moved.

Be a bright guy and do a google search for Massey Ferguson forums. I'll bet you find a bunch of sharp people there.

First off I am not saying you aren't correct Mark but sometimes it seems like there is too much of this going on here. I understand he is in the wrong section but do we really need to say it isn't a chainsaw go to another forum? There are a lot of guys here that are very mechanically inclined on more than just chainsaws( maybe even a few "sharp people")

I do have a real top link, it just seems to me that the chain works better for this application since the mower is towed and not supported by the three point. The chain allows it to always be level with the ground.

That is actually the way I hook up my tow behind bush hog as well. Like you said it keeps it all level. Oh and rep sent I have a 1957 TO-35 deluxe that I restored several years ago. I'll try and find a pic.

First off I am not saying you aren't correct Mark but sometimes it seems like there is too much of this going on here. I understand he is in the wrong section but do we really need to say it isn't a chainsaw go to another forum? There are a lot of guys here that are very mechanically inclined on more than just chainsaws( maybe even a few "sharp people")

I agree it should be moved to the heavy equipment forum. I figured the mods would see it and move it. No big deal.
I like Mark but I feel that he came off a little strong on this one, maybe he is having a bad day or didn't have his coffee yet.

What do I have to do to be qualified as one of those sharp people? I answered his question, gave home the make, model number of the carb and the part number for the solenoid ?

Later
Dan

That is actually the way I hook up my tow behind bush hog as well. Like you said it keeps it all level. Oh and rep sent I have a 1957 TO-35 deluxe that I restored several years ago. I'll try and find a pic.

It makes no difference if it is a chain, rope that doesn't stretch or a top link. If they are all the same length, they will all work the same way.

Later
Dan

I agree it should be moved to the heavy equipment forum. I figured the mods would see it and move it. No big deal.
I like Mark but I feel that he came off a little strong on this one, maybe he is having a bad day or didn't have his coffee yet.

What do I have to do to be qualified as one of those sharp people? I answered his question, gave home the make, model number of the carb and the part number for the solenoid ?

Later
Dan

I was not rude or anything, just no BS and straight to the point.. The OP knew it was the wrong place to post it so why mince words about it.

I'll be more then surprised if a Mod don't move it when its noticed..

I actually only clicked on this thread hoping to see a rare Massey chainsaw, but alas.....

Last edited:
Pretty cool. What was your motive for going hydraulic instead of PTO shaft?

I had a 72" pto driven finish mower built be Bush Hog. The metal in the deck was junk from new. I had to replate the spindle area after 4 years. I was going to build a whole new deck and use my spindles and gear box. I was at an auction and I bought that front mounted deck and the remains of a Jacobsen turfcat for 120.00. I sold the turfcat remains for 100.00. It had no drive train. I figured that I couldnt buy the steel to build one for the 120.00 figure.

Later
Dan

Guy posted in this forum because it gets the most traffic.His thread now has attention so move it to where it goes.I don't have a problem with this as I've posted in the specific sub forums here and gotten less than steller results.Doing it this way also creates more traffic on the other sub forums(though it may make more work for the Mods)

Thanks again for the help guys. I apologize for putting this in the wrong section but I noticed that the traffic was a bit slow in the other forums and I was hoping for a quick response...which i received. I will do my best not to break forum ettiquette in the future. And again, apologies for the the inconveinance.

Quick update, I found a new replacement solenoid for 70 bucks locally.

Mods, please move or delete this thread at your convenience.

Byrdmando
Bedford County, Va.

Latest posts

Back