Mastermind Meets the 064AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, I alway's bring my camera in the hopes of good pics, but usually get busy too, and end up short handed or in a position where I cant take a pic. Hoping one of my buddy's will ste up LOL! I that 064 will make a fine work saw!

Randy, if you have any friends in the tree service business, maybe that could hook you up with a decent size stem for a test log. That saw and the 288 needed to be in 24"+ :D Just a suggestion. I know its hard to just cookie up all that firewood! But helps you get a feel for those big CC saws.

Mastermind:yourock:

Randy, if you have any friends in the tree service business, maybe that could hook you up with a decent size stem for a test log. That saw and the 288 needed to be in 24"+ :D Just a suggestion. I know its hard to just cookie up all that firewood! But helps you get a feel for those big CC saws.

Mastermind:yourock:

I have a couple of friends that log. I do get a big double hearted stem or the like from time to time, they just never last very long around here. :laugh:

Sad ending to good thread....

So I see the box at my doorstep and sure enough it was my ported 064. I had built a wooden frame inside a box with foam board. I got it today and the wood was broken and the saw was too. The handle is bent again! Just like when I first got it. Randy even put a sign on it saying fragile handle with care/this side up. Woe is me. :cry:
When I originally bought it
attachment.php

I fixed it with a near new handle:
attachment.php

At present after USPS handled it:
attachment.php

Oh this sucks!!!!

But I insured the package for 400.00 when I shipped it back. We will get some recompense. :rock:

so is the tank/handle busted?
Tank and handle and everything else seems to be fine. It just looks like something really heavy was on top of it.

Went to the post office and they want me to make a claim online. They also want proof that it is worth the insured amount of $400. I have no proof because it was a cash deal. They said they would keep it and give me $400 or I fix it and give them a receipt for the repairs. I told em it would only cost $100 to repair.

All I have to say is WOW. Never ran a ported saw before. Took down a small tree today and cut up some logs. Max was 15-16 inches. Throttle response was so much quicker. It sounded so much better and ran better. I can't wait for the big wood. Today was a tease! Thanks Randy.

All I have to say is WOW. Never ran a ported saw before. Took down a small tree today and cut up some logs. Max was 15-16 inches. Throttle response was so much quicker. It sounded so much better and ran better. I can't wait for the big wood. Today was a tease! Thanks Randy.

I guess you noticed that I sent you an 8 pin rim and a 7 pin. I like to run the 8 on my 066 with any bar under a 28". Glad you like it Mike. :rock:

This 064 reminds me of a car I once had. A Twin Turbo Toyota Supra. Stock it had 320hp (at the crank) with tons of room for improvement. Just by putting a three inch diameter exhaust all the way back and getting the compression up to max by turning up the turbos I reached between 440 and 500hp (at the crank). HUGE difference.

This 064 reminds me of a car I once had. A Twin Turbo Toyota Supra. Stock it had 320hp (at the crank) with tons of room for improvement. Just by putting a three inch diameter exhaust all the way back and getting the compression up to max by turning up the turbos I reached between 440 and 500hp (at the crank). HUGE difference.

I love fast cars, drag raced for many years. I don't build cars any more as the cost is just too high these days. I still have an old 66 Fairlane that needs the be restored but I've not really got any interest. I guess I should sell it but I've had it so long. (Around 20 Years) I had a RX7 that was a hoot to drive...but my wife wrecked it. :(

I love fast cars, drag raced for many years. I don't build cars any more as the cost is just too high these days. I still have an old 66 Fairlane that needs the be restored but I've not really got any interest. I guess I should sell it but I've had it so long. (Around 20 Years) I had a RX7 that was a hoot to drive...but my wife wrecked it. :(

Il just bring a dolly next time I come, and give it a good home.... :)

I need me a toy for me and the boys.

It was a very expensive dangerous hobby/addiction for me. That Supra ended up being a 11 second car that could be daily driven at 18 mpg. If I went to a big single I could have had up to 800hp on the stock bottom. I saw one down in TX that had 1100hp but was street legal and driven around town. That RX7 had a lot of room to improve performance. If you get a guy interested in your Fairlane, sell it.

Back