Mastermind Meets the 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had Randy port my 346 because that big red ass of his gets me all hawt and stuff!

This ass????

6d597802_baboons.jpg

Hey randy are you gonna tinker with that saw some more? Or is it gonna be shipped soon im in no hurry just wondering?

Nice job again Randy :msp_thumbsup: That saw is smokin fast !!!
It actually looks like closer to a 40% gain. The way I saw it , an 8 second cut was reduced to a 5 second cut . Brilliant !!!

Randy, how does the ported 562 compare to the 262's you have ported?

I believe the 560/562 has more potential for improvement than the 262, as that one was pretty hot-rodded to at the outset....:msp_smile:

I like modding the 262. I know a lot of guys say they are hard to find good gains in them but I've found plenty.

The 562 is only on it's second tank. I figure it's still gonna wake on up. This saw modds really well IMHO. I would bet the 562 would take a 262 it the same size wood and pull further ahead as the size increased. I ran a tank of fuel through it today with a 24" bar completely buried to try and seat the ring. It pulls the 24" as well as the 18". I'm impressed with this saw.

I like modding the 262. I know a lot of guys say they are hard to find good gains in them but I've found plenty.

The 562 is only on it's second tank. I figure it's still gonna wake on up. This saw modds really well IMHO. I would bet the 562 would take a 262 it the same size wood and pull further ahead as the size increased. I ran a tank of fuel through it today with a 24" bar completely buried to try and seat the ring. It pulls the 24" as well as the 18". I'm impressed with this saw.

Any advise on breaking in a stock 562? Ive seen posts about going easy on it with pine or a soft wood. Or just take it out and run it like I would with any saw?

Any advise on breaking in a stock 562? Ive seen posts about going easy on it with pine or a soft wood. Or just take it out and run it like I would with any saw?

I hate to give advice. :laugh:

I would follow the instructions in the manual to the letter. Then if there is an issue the dealer should stand behind it.

Right on, I'll do that thanks. Sorry to poison your ported 562 thread with my stocker question.
Edit: it's one of those "call for discount" saws

Last edited:
Back