Mastermind Meets the 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's looking like the next thread I do may be on a Stihl MS261 Woods ported and milled of course. :)

We knew the warranty was shot the minute I tore this saw down. But a stock muffler may come it handy down the road. I'm not out to deceive anyone. Just taking the saw into a shop with the piped muffler would raise a ton of questions and could cause it to be turned away for any work, not just in a warranty situation.

Nothing new there my friend. :msp_smile:

I think the stock muffler would be good to put on, especially if something like the oiler goes out, or coil, or other items that don't require compression readings or muffler pull to diagnose. Just sayin.

Waylan

you see, husqvarna is paying diagnostic time under warranty, and will pay a mechanic to inspect the whole saw for any modifications even if it's in for an oiler repair. It only takes me less than 1 minute to do a comp check, and 5 seconds to inspect the top of the piston through the TINY spark plug hole. HAA I say TINY cause I have inspected quite a few of these SMALL spark plug models, it makes it hard to see anything:help:

He gave me some really good pointers on the 7900s. The man is a trove of knowledge.

I know, that is why I read his posts on different forums, but he sometimes is a bit unclear, so you have to guess what he really meant to say. I am sure that he has forgotten more than most of us will ever learn though......;)

I've gotten a lot of interest in this saw. I've been thinking about selling them modded. If anyone has any interest send me a PM.

It's looking like the next thread I do may be on a Stihl MS261 Woods ported and milled of course. :)

Sounds cool. Do you think you can include some pics of your milling set up with this build write up? Keep up the good work, your threads are some of my favorites to follow.

Sounds cool. Do you think you can include some pics of your milling set up with this build write up? Keep up the good work, your threads are some of my favorites to follow.

I use a lathe on 95% of the saws I mod. On some D-shaped combustion chambers I use a mill to cut the piston crown. I just ordered a new 4-jaw chuck for my lathe so I can start cutting the squish bands, that way we have more options. :)

Hey Randy you dont happen to have any vids of the saw pullin that 24in bar do ya???????????????

Well Dom......I also took a modded 394xp with a 32" bar on it when I cut on that big stem. On the first cut with that saw I hit a piece of steel inside the log and ruined the chain. :(

That was enough of that.

Well Dom......I also took a modded 394xp with a 32" bar on it when I cut on that big stem. On the first cut with that saw I hit a piece of steel inside the log and ruined the chain. :(

That was enough of that.

That always happens to me everytime it seems like I am bucking up big oak and just put a beautiful edge on my chain there is always a rock that grew into the bark and F###S it up:bang:. I hate that ****

I use a lathe on 95% of the saws I mod. On some D-shaped combustion chambers I use a mill to cut the piston crown. I just ordered a new 4-jaw chuck for my lathe so I can start cutting the squish bands, that way we have more options. :)

Awesome, keep the builds coming!

That was enough of that.

Oh you baby... Take the guides down and pry through it... Ya dun hit it already, so the rest of the log is good to go... Right??? :msp_confused:

262 562 faceoff

Randy,That 562 is a bad --- saw.In the video it appears to have the power to pull alot more aggressive chain.I'd like to put that against the 262 you did for me.That 262 gets er done,Gary

That was enough of that.

That crap happened to me yesterday with a new MS460, first tank, and a new 25" RS chain...:angry2::angry2:
pissed was an understatement.

Back