Mastermind Meets the 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure beats playing around with settings and getting it right for where you are, then sending a saw to someone just to have them start tweaking with it and have it blow up. Like you mentioned, it can seem a little hairy at first, but so can't manual tuning!

I'm at 2000 ft above sea level so most saws I send out do need a little tweaking to be optimally tuned. I fret a bit on each and every one. :laugh:

Good point. It's not that I dont trust new technology, I just dont trust new technology! Once it proves itself I think it is a great idea.

Hell most people around here cant tune their chainsaws anyway.

I resemble that comment. :mad:

I have a MS261 on the bench for today. I'm afraid that I can't make the runner from it that I would like to. It draws all its air for the stratos and the fuel mixture through the carb. That makes for a heck of a bottleneck. It also doesn't have the removable transfer covers, so checking strato VS intake timing may be a trick in itself.

I still think by dropping the jug, and working over the exhaust there's gains in it. I'll do a thread on it for those that are interested in such stuff. :laugh:

These will be "IF" statements, well, cause that's all we have to go on at the moment. If the 555 coil could be flashed with 562 software and if the only advantage you get is a greater allowable rpm range.....which is the only likely change I can imagine. The triple five cylinder will still have to modified to take advantage of the different power curve. Even automotive flashes have to play with the valve timing to squeeze out more usable power. My thoughts, IF you wanted a small mount...buy the triple five. IF you want large....buy the xp. Both are worlds apart from the models they replace.

Im still going to try it though:D

Anything under seven bills would be a good price

I'll sell these saws modded for a very good price. Shipping to my Australian brothers is no problem either. :)

just checked what $1500au in $us is
Australian Dollar
US Dollar
like too know what husqvarna & stihl is on to charge so much for a saw ??????

us humans are a funny bunch had a husky for a while come time to change the rim it used too bug me creature of habit i spose

I have custom made clutch tools (cut up old 1/2" drive sockets) and just use a rope in the jug to lock things up. Easy Peasy. :D

Back