Mastermind Meets the 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to make a few cut with the 562 between downpours. It seemed too lean in the cut. I went back in and removed a coil from the metering spring and raised the lever a tad. I also thinned the butterfly screws a bit.

It's running real good now. :D

It was too dark for video though. :(

Here's a few more pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

How much time did you give it? Proper setting of the carb/computer calls for a good 3-5 minutes of consistent cutting under load for a complete learn.

Sweet lookin good buddy I think my buddys are more excited to run the saw than I am?????? Na I don't think so but damn they wont stop hounding me askin when are you gonna get it!!!!!!

How much time did you give it? Proper setting of the carb/computer calls for a good 3-5 minutes of consistent cutting under load for a complete learn.

I didn't give it that long. It was scaring me. :laugh:

The metering lever was too low though.

Sweet lookin good buddy I think my buddys are more excited to run the saw than I am?????? Na I don't think so but damn they wont stop hounding me askin when are you gonna get it!!!!!!

That muffler was the cause of some concern for me. I cut it in half without planning on reusing it.....then I checked on a new one and couldn't find one. :(

TK came through for me though. Now you get two mufflers. :D

I got to make a few cut with the 562 between downpours. It seemed too lean in the cut. I went back in and removed a coil from the metering spring and raised the lever a tad. I also thinned the butterfly screws a bit.

It's running real good now. :D

It was too dark for video though. :(

Here's a few more pics.

attachment.php

Is a small 7 or a standard 7 drum stock on the 562xp - it is a small 7 on the 560xp? :msp_smile:

I didn't give it that long. It was scaring me. :laugh:

The metering lever was too low though.

That muffler was the cause of some concern for me. I cut it in half without planning on reusing it.....then I checked on a new one and couldn't find one. :(

TK came through for me though. Now you get two mufflers. :D

Sweet thanks man is the other muffler gonna be opened up too? Or will I have to do it?

I can make out EL44B on the carb designation. Anybody know the designation of the autotune carb on the 576?

From the picture, the venturi appears to be closer to the 11mm size than the 13.5mm size. Did you get a measurement on the venturi?

Is a small 7 or a standard 7 drum stock on the 562xp - it is a small 7 on the 560xp? :msp_smile:

It's a small spline.

Sweet thanks man is the other muffler gonna be opened up too? Or will I have to do it?

I want you to have a stock muffler in case this saw should ever need service work. That would hold the questions to a minimum. :)

I can make out EL44B on the carb designation. Anybody know the designation of the autotune carb on the 576?

From the picture, the venturi appears to be closer to the 11mm size than the 13.5mm size. Did you get a measurement on the venturi?

It's around 12.5mm Terry.

I didn't remove the butterflys...just the screws. I couldn't get a real accurate measurement.

It's a small spline. ......

That's a bit odd, as the part number for the 3/8 rim in the IPLs indicate a standard spline.

The reason I ask is of course because I want to try a 3/8x8 with short bars, like I use on my MS361, and then I need a standard 7-spline drum.

That's a bit odd, as the part number for the 3/8 rim in the IPLs indicate a standard spline.

The reason I ask is of course because I want to try a 3/8x8 with short bars, like I use on my MS361, and then I need a standard 7-spline drum.

It's not a mini spline. It's a standard spline. Not to be confused with the large spline. :)

12.5mm, that's about what I suspected it would have.

I wonder how much work it would take to be able to graph the autotune device on the side of the 570 carb (13.5mm). Those standard carbs are being sold by Baileys for $63.

For those so inclined, I think going to the bigger carb rather than boring is the preferred approach. The discharge nozzle is made for the larger carb and sits on the edge of the venturi. - With the interest in the 562, someone will eventually try the 576 carb on it.

Looking forward to the before and after videos.

12.5mm, that's about what I suspected it would have.

I wonder how much work it would take to be able to graph the autotune device on the side of the 570 carb (13.5mm). Those standard carbs are being sold by Baileys for $63.

For those so inclined, I think going to the bigger carb rather than boring is the preferred approach. The discharge nozzle is made for the larger carb and sits on the edge of the venturi. - With the interest in the 562, someone will eventually try the 576 carb on it.

Looking forward to the before and after videos.

I'm thinking it will have plenty of fuel. As you know the small venturi will cause a lower pressure area than a larger one would. So it should draw more fuel than if it was bored.....right?

With the strato ports air shouldn't be an issue either.

I got a video of it with a 20" bar but it's not a fair comparison since the first video had an 18" bar on.

It also wasn't running just right yet in the second video. It still pulled a 2 second faster cut though.

I'll wait to make a final video before I post my findings. :)

It's not a mini spline. It's a standard spline. Not to be confused with
the large spline. :)

Only Stihl use the mini, but in my book (Oregons really), large spline is only about the "large 6-spline", that I don't think is in use by any brand today.

Disregarding the mini-7, the one that take .325x7, .325x8 and 3/8x7 is the small 7-spline, and the one that take 3/8x7, 3/8x8 and .325x9 is the standard 7-spline. Other (larger) size rims are of course availiable for racing etc, but that's a different story....:msp_smile:

Only Stihl use the mini, but in my book (Oregons really), large spline is only about the "large 6-spline", that I don't think is in use by any brand today.

Disregarding the mini-7, the one that take .325x7, .325x8 and 3/8x7 is the small 7-spline, and the one that take 3/8x7, 3/8x8 and .325x9 is the standard 7-spline. Other (larger) size rims are of course availiable for racing etc, but that's a different story....:msp_smile:

Now muh head aches. :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, the smaller venturi will have a greater depression through it and thus it is more able to suck fuel, but I don't think fuel flow will be a limiting problem on these carbs. The 570 carb has a relatively large hole for the metering valve to shut off, it was about 3 times the area of the 450 carb. If someone finally hit a fuel flow wall with a stock 562 carb, they could just drill out the fuel metering hole.

A bored 562 carb would probably work quite well with the autotune. I am working with the standard 570 carb, so the position of the discharge nozzle is more critical to try and get broad range metering. On the autotune, the system will automatically compensate - it's looking at fuel mixture strength, so it doesn't care about how the carb is configured, only that it will flow enough fuel when it needs to.

The bigger carb idea is just to increase flow without increasing intake duration. No doubt you're winding that thing up a bit higher than before the mods.

Now muh head aches. :hmm3grin2orange:

Surely, but the point is that both the small and the standard will take a 3/8x7, but the rims does of course have different part numbers, because they fit different hubs (that is part of the drums).....

Btw, a standard 7-spline 3/8x7 is only possible because the drive tangs of the chain can fit between the same number of splines! ;)

Latest posts

Back