Mastermind Meets the 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty awesome for a 60cc saw! What's meant by a pop up piston. My saw is the latest revision, 2014.

I don't use popup pistons anymore.

Instead I machine the squish band instead now. The piston is unmodified, and compression is still increased.

Too bad most of the images are gone from this thread. I just bought a 562XP and would like to learn more about it and wether a mod is worth it or not. Many say the saw is good to go with surprising power stock.

It is a really good saw, even stock. For me, it's one of the greatest saw ever built. You can start with a muffler mod, the saw respond very well to a muffler mod.

Too bad most of the images are gone from this thread. I just bought a 562XP and would like to learn more about it and wether a mod is worth it or not. Many say the saw is good to go with surprising power stock.
No doubt a stock 562 is a mean little monster. Mine will be heading to Tennessee on the big brown bus for a date in September along with it's little brother, the 550. There is no need to port either saw but Randys saws look so fun I had to have a few.

Well, I'm only an hour and change from Tree Monkey here in Wisconsin. I'm not sure if he would mod a 562 though.. I had him do a woods port and Tilly carb changeout on my 390xp this last spring and I love it! But with that being my only saw it got heavy to use for every little thing. And so the 562xp.

Randy,
What model of saw have you done the most of would ya say? Does a certain size come across the bench more than the others?- 50cc, 60cc, 70cc etc.

I've done more MS660s and MS261s than any other saws.

I probably see more 70cc saws of all models that any other size though. Of course that's including the 460 and 461 in that grouping.

Back