Mastermind Meets The Dolmar 7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 7910 with the HD filter will run too rich and not come up to RPM. Haven't tried the HD filter on a 7910 with 7900 muffler yet.

That sounds like the HD setup flows less air than the standard one - but can't you just lean out the H setting of the carb a little? :confused:

That sounds like the HD setup flows less air than the standard one - but can't you just lean out the H setting of the carb a little? :confused:

I believe it has more to do with the carb intake elbow than the filter. Would not open up with the filter off no matter where the carb was adjusted. Only tried it on one 7910 but after switching back to the stock filter it ran fine? I have a 7910 here with a 7900 muffler on it and i'll have to try the filter on that saw and see how it works.

Here's where it gets different......

Dolmar7910024.jpg

That looks to be a reverberation ridge.[/QUOTE]

I am going to correct myself upon thinking about this...

It's called a reversion dam

It's to prevent re-entry of the exhaust gas.

You keeping it?

That looks to be a reverberation ridge.

Dolmar7910024.jpg

I am going to correct myself upon thinking about this...

It's called a reversion dam

It's to prevent re-entry of the exhaust gas.

You keeping it?

It's not a reversion dam.......though I've done that style of exhaust. It mates up to this...

Dolmar7910008.jpg

And that is now gone so the exhaust port has been reshaped to fit correctly.

Dolmar7910038.jpg

and that's why we have a test monkey on bored.. so none of us get hurt

randy, have you tried tig yet?

Nope. I want a tig welder pretty bad......next up is a mini mill though. I use a BADP (big ass drill press) and a milling table to do light milling with......it's really slow because it's not stable enough to take more than a .020 cut. I've got to get a better setup.

So are your stickers!

Did you get new ones yet?!?!

:laugh:

Just kidding you buddy!

Duke

I like my ####ty stickers. :msp_sad:

**** 5 pages to go back and read through!

That's what I get for taking a night with the family!

It's not a reversion dam.......though I've done that style of exhaust. It mates up to this...

Dolmar7910008.jpg

And that is now gone so the exhaust port has been reshaped to fit correctly.

Dolmar7910038.jpg

Yeah, that snout makes it useless.

I have to say after they revise that muffler and put a cat in it, thats what that it wil probley be. Cheeper and easyer to change tin then castings.

Good Stuff:rock:

subscribed :D

Although looking through the thread, I don't see why everyone was telling me not to clean up my 7900 transfers... Looks like Randy is opening and cleaning his on the 7910. I'd still like to know when the AM is going to make us unlimited coils for these saws!

Although looking through the thread, I don't see why everyone was telling me not to clean up my 7900 transfers... Looks like Randy is opening and cleaning his on the 7910. I'd still like to know when the AM is going to make us unlimited coils for these saws!

The 7900 can be a tricky saw to port. They have a small crankcase volume in relation to displacement. Raise the transfers too much and they get really peaky in big wood. I open the lowers just enough to unshroud them.....nothing but smoothing with a diamond burr has been done in the tunnels.

Port timing numbers off the top of my head.....

Ex: 99
Tr: 128
In: 82

Don't trust everything you read, not all advice is good advice! :msp_wink:

Back