Mastermind Meets The MS241 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Randy would ports saws instead of sniffing his butt, he might get this comparo done before the end of the millenium.

[video=youtube;XofxIYyvZ1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofxIYyvZ1s[/video]

Sorry, I just had to. This has got to be my all time favorite Youtube video.

monkey-ass_weird_animal_pictures.jpg

so you have a red face?:msp_confused:...embarrassed about how long its taking to get this build going, I suppose..

Last edited:
I fail to see the need for the new breed of 42/43cc pro saws, as the weight is far too close to some 50cc saws, and the power is nowhere close. :popcorn:

I bought a MS 261 then I bought a MS 241I stihl have both
Andrew bought a MS 261 and then bought a MS 241 he stihl has both, well he will when randy gets done with it
Mat bought a MS 261 then I bought a MS 241 he sold the MS 261 but he stihl has the ms 241

Matt is a husky owner and has a preference for them but he also loves his dollmars with good reason.
Matt will criticize a sthil saw when he wants but he will acknowledge there advantages when they have them.

Example HD2 filters the best there is end of discussion
inboard clutches are practical but that is not the only reason for choosing a saw.

do we need a new computer or a new mobile phone no

can a new model have some benefits / improvements yes
will you make use of them ? not unless you want too.

Matt is the least likely stihl fan boy but he has shown that in working conditions that a MS 241 will cut drop more wood on the ground in a all day job than a faster cutting saw that was the same size and lighter. because he did not have to stop and walk back to fuel it as often

see today's job thread.

me I'm a pruner not a logger sure i do drop the odd 24" to 36" trunk but most are smaller and I prefer the MS 241
it is the only saw i have that has a stock muffler and that is desirable in town.

I dont need a 70cc saw I can borrow a ms 660 or a ms 840 any time I want.
I am not likely to start saw milling when the owner of the 660 and the 840 has a lucas mill.
If I wanted a 70 cc saw then it would be a makita but only with a filter upgrade and for price reasons.
A MS 441 would be cool
a husky well maybe but I have not got CAD that bad yet?

I do want a MS 200 for the right price but I'm just as likely to get a MS 150 apparently they are available just not listed in OZ

Well said.
I think the days with me and a 261 are numbered.
When Randy has tinkered with the 241C will improve my wood cutting,trimming,topping small tree felling no end,we will have the power more of a 261 (not that we need huge power out of this little saw with its type of work it will do).
The key to this little saw is
Nimble
Light weight
Filter system
Start system
Auto tune
:D

Well said.
I think the days with me and a 261 are numbered.
When Randy has tinkered with the 241C will improve my wood cutting,trimming,topping small tree felling no end,we will have the power more of a 261 (not that we need huge power out of this little saw with its type of work it will do).
The key to this little saw is
Nimble
Light weight
Filter system
Start system
Auto tune
:D

If the shipping wouldn't kill the deal that 261 would be a nice fit to my saw plan.

If the shipping wouldn't kill the deal that 261 would be a nice fit to my saw plan.

If you want a 261 give me a call. I get new ones at a great price.

The weather is starting to clear. It looks like we will soon be able to get out and make some videos. Rudy (my friend) wants to drop trees on Monday. I think it should be dry enough to get in and back out by then. Normally I'm not in a hurry for warmer weather but this year I'm looking forward to it.

If you want a 261 give me a call. I get new ones at a great price.

The weather is starting to clear. It looks like we will soon be able to get out and make some videos. Rudy (my friend) wants to drop trees on Monday. I think it should be dry enough to get in and back out by then. Normally I'm not in a hurry for warmer weather but this year I'm looking forward to it.

When I'm ready Randy ill be sure to get in touch with you. Want to get both current saws to full potential and need to get a few things done at the cabin this summer maintainence wise first.

Ms 150

I do want a MS 200 for the right price but I'm just as likely to get a MS 150 apparently they are available just not listed in OZ[/QUOTE]

The MS 150 T will be here at the end of the month. I'll be getting one for a demo. I think they'll be a great little pruner.

Latest posts

Back