Mastermind Meets The MS362C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I do a thread on this topic?

• Total voters

Randy, is this the first 362C you have had in the shop? Most experiences with the MS362C-M (bone stock) I have heard about have been very positive, with the saw getting noticeably better as it breaks in. I know I didn't think much of my 261C-M until after tank 5 or 6. Now I wish I had gotten some hands on with Dex's 362 last weekend.......

Thanks for the video Randy, sorry you had to go through so much trouble to post it.

I wish you had a broken in saw, as several of us have reported the difference in performance, the new saws bog easily.

I know you don't have the time to run 5 tanks of fuel through it, but I'm concerned that if the saw is not broken it it will not accurately reflect the results of your work.

Best of Luck with it.

You can get a very good idea of a saws performance when it's fresh out of the box. A saw with seated rings is good for 5-10psi and it will spool up a touch faster as the bearings limber up and the metals mate. But it's not anything that's going to change the tilt of the earth as you seem to think.

You can get a very good idea of a saws performance when it's fresh out of the box. A saw with seated rings is good for 5-10psi and it will spool up a touch faster as the bearings limber up and the metals mate. But it's not anything that's going to change the tilt of the earth as you seem to think.

I don't know if it is mechanical break in or M-Tronic, but if you read the posts (even in this thread) from others with 362/261 M-Tronic, the difference between broken in and not broken in is far more than any other saw I ever had, and I have expressed this in the past, even on the Stihl website when I reviewed the saw (the 1st review for it). I can't explain why, it is just my (and others) observation.

I'm pretty burnt out on this site.......it's probably showing in my actions.

I'll make another video in the morning and upload it in the house.
If you have ever had the desire to see any of central Pa's attractions I would be more than happy to show you around for you to un-charr. Maybe hit Raystown lake for some trolling fun.

Mike, the saw won't be broken in when I'm done either......so your point is moot.

I've got 7-8 tanks through mine Randy. It's definitely stronger than day one. After about 4-5 it got noticeably better..

It should be there Mon or Tues. I shipped it this morning. Your more than welcome to compare it against this saw after porting? I would love to see side by side before and after video (using same B & C of course).

I remember when computers came out in snowmobiles,everyone that had one with a comp said they had to get a set amount of time on the comp,then the break in tune would disappear and power would increase.I'v heard the same about the new semi's as well.
So it may be the mtronics controling the tune till x amount of time is on the saw.
Hell with computers it may be a yellow guy controlling it from the other side of the world and you would never know it,
Thomas

Do you have time to try a less aggressive off the roll chain Randy ,untouched rakers even ? that may help with that bogging some ,the chips off that chain look like a chain i would grind for a hot 75cc saw

Starting to see the increase on mine. Been waiting for this thread Randy, thanks for your input and knowledge here on AS.

Latest posts

Back