Mastermind Meets The MS441C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yukon Stihl

Yukon Stihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The right angle tools I use are from CC Specialty. Those are MC182s......and I think they are the only choice.
Thanks Randy
They have been the only ones i have found as well,other than dental ones, which i figured would be hard to find bits for that would be usable for work on larger items than teeth.
Thomas

Jacob J.
Thanks Randy
They have been the only ones i have found as well,other than dental ones, which i figured would be hard to find bits for that would be usable for work on larger items than teeth.
Thomas

Actually, there's lots of bits on ebay. I even bought a set of 1/8" Tungsten burs for a Henry Schein right-angle dental grinder.

Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Randy magnificent thread as always,some very good info in there that will help others.

Suggestion
I like to use a heat proof silicon between the cylinder,gasket,muffler to stop oil leaks in time that attracts dust,saw dust etc keeps everything clean in there.

Tnshaker

Tnshaker

ArboristSite Guru
My brother and I ran 4 ported 372's against the 441c randy did for me....2 were xtorques and 2 were OEM...all veryyyyyyy strong 372's. Let sjust say even the fastest 372 had no chance. The other 3 were not even in the same league. I never could come to terms with the handling of the 2 441c I had. I will say the one randy ported for me is the most impressive ported saw I have ran....and randy will tell u I have ran a bunch..lol. Randy does awesome work on all saws but the 441c's he does are unreal. Put a 8 pin 20" bar and no saw I have ever ran will not beat that saw with that combo.

SierraWoodsman

SierraWoodsman

ArboristSite Guru
185psi at 1850 feet above sea level.......should make for a great runner.

Another nice thread Randy.
I didn't realize you take into consideration altitude as one of the factors when setting up the squish band on a saw,...
Lower altitude=set squish for slightly lower compression?

On a side note I gave the saws you ported for me a good work out today on a bunch of Walnut. It was the first real "hardwood" test
of the ported saws since I got'm Back. Simpley Awesome performance!
Thanks again Randy.

Tnshaker

Tnshaker

ArboristSite Guru
I have ran a few 461's and prefer the way it handles. I think with anything over 28" the 461 is stronger with more grunt. Anything 24" or under the 441c seems to have more chain speed.

Latest posts