Mastermind Meets The MS441C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<----Still trying to recover from Christmas cash wise. Can't see coming up with the extra cash right away. (Maybe tax season in a month or so)
I was thinking of asking you too quote me for a muff mod only for the 562.
My thinking on that is the 562 is awful sweet saw even factory stock. Muff modded she'd be even better
(372xpw/562/395)-if you had to make a tough choice which you for-go the mods on?
One is paid for...now which one? "
Kinda like trying to decide which of your kids Your not going to send to higher education"

IIRC AnthonyVA has both a 441CM and 372XPW done up by Randy. I haven't heard from him in a while. I enjoyed reading his posts since we are both farm boys from VA.

He does. He told me they're both real close in cutting speed. He switches back and forth with them for work.

My 441 that Randy did is a beast.

I need to bring the 362 back, my dime ... Needs a look over.

I once sent a saw to sea level that was blowing 205 here. It was blowing 230psi there. I'm still waiting for it to puke the crank......but it hasn't yet.

Made me start taking elevation into consideration.,.....
Interesting... So compression went up roughly 12% dropping 1800 +- feet. I would have never guess it would be so drastic. Do you have a "rule of thumb" that would guesstimate rise and drop in compression based on altitude? I know air density isn't a constant but neither is engine building :laugh:. What would you guess that saw would blow at 6000ft where I am at?

Blah, Blah, Blah...send me your saw. Blah, Blah, Blah....I make it more awesomerer. Blah, Blah, Blah.....you will be happy. Blah, Blah, Blah....repeat. I figure this sums up what has happened to my four wood cutting implements. If it works keep going with it big man.

Shea

Interesting... So compression went up roughly 12% dropping 1800 +- feet. I would have never guess it would be so drastic. Do you have a "rule of thumb" that would guesstimate rise and drop in compression based on altitude? I know air density isn't a constant but neither is engine building :laugh:. What would you guess that saw would blow at 6000ft where I am at?

Not more than 150psi I'd bet.

What is wrong with it?

Shuts itself off once after about five minutes of running. Then I can burn several tankfuls with no issues. This happened the last four or five times I used the saw.

Power seems to be less than what it was.

Running pure gas, no alcohol. Gas station up the road is privately owned and they don't do the alcohol thing.

Always run both saws ... 441c is just as beastly as the day I got it. The 362 OTOH seems to be going downhill. I'll drop it off when my work requires me to drive from kville to nville.

Carb issues or a small air leak???

Work has got me going 50-60 hrs/wk and don't have time to fool with it. Plus I'm not that well versed in two cycle. I'm a good part replacer, not a mechanic. :)

I do know the difference!

Work has got me going 50-60 hrs/wk and don't have time to fool with it. Plus I'm not that well versed in two cycle. I'm a good part replacer, not a mechanic. :)

That's awesome!!! There is someone other than me that is honest with themselves about their skill sets. I too can replace parts with the best of them.

Shea

PS-That's why I pay Randy to do the work. He can show all the details he wants, I know for a fact that I have not the time or ability to replicate what he does.

That's awesome!!! There is someone other than me that is honest with themselves about their skill sets. I too can replace parts with the best of them.

Shea

PS-That's why I pay Randy to do the work. He can show all the details he wants, I know for a fact that I have not the time or ability to replicate what he does.

+1.

Shuts itself off once after about five minutes of running. Then I can burn several tankfuls with no issues. This happened the last four or five times I used the saw.

Power seems to be less than what it was.

Running pure gas, no alcohol. Gas station up the road is privately owned and they don't do the alcohol thing.

Always run both saws ... 441c is just as beastly as the day I got it. The 362 OTOH seems to be going downhill. I'll drop it off when my work requires me to drive from kville to nville.

Carb issues or a small air leak???

If you want to send it.......just let me know. I'm pretty interested in seeing what is up with it.

Not more than 150psi I'd bet.
Is that down from 185 or the 205? Just realized two saws were mentioned. Im still learning but I was beginning to wonder how you were getting so much more compression than I have been able to messing around with my junk. I knew I would have a loss at altitude but I was guessing like 10% or so from sea level. And thanks for taking the time. You have taught me a crap load!! :bowdown:

I think the going from my 1850' to your 6000' would cost us about 30psi. I also think that it's not a even loss.....in other words from here to sea level would add about that same amount because the air is so much denser. I'm just guessing though....

Back