Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it did stop the rev limiting, I would hate to lose the timing advance.

I want to know why people have soo soooo much trouble tuning a rev limited saw??? Please clue me in....

Losing the correct timing curve is like, "now I need to shoot a hole in my other foot". I think the MS361 coil has the most advance under the curve plus the top end retard. MS460 is close and who might know what is in the curve of a 261, 441 and 461? I know the base initial timing is higher on the older models with no curve at all.

Hey Randy:
Do you know where the base timing is on the 441, 461 and 661 before the curve starts?

Very good to know, Thanks.

Most of the older stuff I tested was closer to 24*. One of these days people will figure out we build saw for the end users not numbers or noise just a reliable work tool to hack away with daily. Some guys run 18" .325 some run 28" .404. The same saw with different wears needs different attention and different tune. This must be taken into consideration for the cutting conditions. Some how that usually gets missed.

Latest posts

Back