Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize that is a 28" bar on there......right?

yep, I read. Up here wild cherry is cut to get to the real wood. Just thinking I want to see the saws challenged. Those saws aren't challenged by much though.

Now you are asking the right question.....

I have a well worn stock 390XP sitting right here....

I also have a woods ported 395XP.....

DO IT!! I love comparisons and then watching the brand loyalists rush in for blood.

Shea

Trying to figure out the wood right now. We may blow a 'roid getting something in the truck. :D

I may have a piece or two up on the mountain, but it would be Christmas break before you got it. I think it's Oak.......but Locust would be the best. I'll talk to Frank, he may have something at his mill.

Shea

PS-I use a tractor to pick up that kind of stuff, no need having a blowout.

I just lined up a tractor for early in the morning. We'll get a piece cut and ready to pull out today, then go after while it's froze in the am.

Wonder if the 661 is as strong as a good, non-decomp 066?

Without a doubt, it's stronger.

Son how does it compare to the swedes? Namely the 390 and 395?:)

X's 2

I had decided a 390 was for me. But now.... I may have to wait and see what the 661 can do. I sure like the m tronic on my 261

Last edited:
did the now wrap handle come with an ho oiler on this model ? is the screw shaped like the letter T like the older saws ?

When I tear her down tomorrow, I'll start a new thread and link to it in this thread. In that thread, we'll take good detailed pics, and try to get answers to all these questions.

I just got off the phone with a Stihl dealer that tried to order these saws. He said his rep told him that they are just pushing back the release date. No details.

Trying to figure out the wood right now. We may blow a 'roid getting something in the truck. :D

Randy, you have to quit running those tiny bars. Put a 42" bar on that saw and really make it work. If you'll pay the shipping I have some very dry 42 foot doug fir logs that average 40 inches on the butt that I'll let you have at a reasonable price.

Randy, you have to quit running those tiny bars. Put a 42" bar on that saw and really make it work. If you'll pay the shipping I have some very dry 42 foot doug fir logs that average 40 inches on the butt that I'll let you have at a reasonable price.

I feel what you are saying big guy. We never see stuff like that here. Sometimes I kill a big yard tree that measures 4' so so, but they're normally full of nails.

I just lined up a tractor for early in the morning. We'll get a piece cut and ready to pull out today, then go after while it's froze in the am.

Good luck with that, rain in the morning from what I see.

That is what I think these saws were made to cut......just here in these mountains most of those trees left around the turn of the century with the railway.

Shea

PS-If I get a chance tonight I will post a pic of a tree we cut to saw length with a 660 this summer. 54" at the butt.....Oak!!

Latest posts

Back