Mastermind Meets The Stihl MS441CRM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the Stihl Technical manual I was smart enough to save to desk top

5.11 Calibrating the control unit
If the control unit or carburetor is replaced during
servicing, the M-Tronic must be calibrated.
. Remove the saw chain and guide bar
. Install chain sprocket cover
. Set Master Control Lever™ to Start }
. Start chain saw – do not blip the throttle trigger
. Let the engine run for at least 60 seconds in the
start position and then move the Master Control
Lever™ from the position Start} to STOP 0 –
calibration is finished
The control unit is adjusted to the carburetor while
the engine runs in the position Start}. The engine
must be switched off immediately for the information
to be stored in the control unit.

Awesome! :)

I haven't done the one minute calibration, and unless it was done at the factory, mine never had gas in the tank when I picked it up.

Do notice what Slamm has said, it has a wicked idle. Lopes kinda like a big cammed motor, and sounds like its gonna blow the cylinder off. I like it! :rock:

But only noticed it smoking and well, it farted a little bit during its first cuts, but hasn't smoked at idle. Cuts well though, doesn't seem to be running rich, but have been threatening to do the one minute calibration just to see if it made a difference. Kinda forgot about doing it the last time I had it out.

I bet that 441 will really run when it gets broke in!!! :clap:

mine has 8 tanks through it now and it gets stronger every tank. It is drained and I am looking for a box for it to be shipped out for a little lovin!:hmm3grin2orange:

Looks good. Just run some quick numbers and looks like you easily are 34% faster with your modds, that is nothing to sneeze at. Excellent.

Did you calibrate it yet? If not, calibrate it and see what it times at.

Sam

No I didn't Sam. I was unsure of the exact procedure. I will do that tomorrow and retest.

Excellent thread! Now ya got me wanting a 441 with Happytune!

I know how you feel. I mod a new saw that responds really well and I get to Jonesin for em. :laugh:

:bowdown:

Literally just walked in the door from a day of clearing a building lot......

The gains look impressive - there is a night and day difference between the stock and ported videos. I can only assume it will get better as it breaks in - I never even finished the first tank of fuel in it.

What are you thoughts on the M-tronic system now that you've had a chance to run one?

Any predictions for this weekends saw race? :D

Nice job man.

-Greg

I love the M-tronic and the Auto-tune systems. They are a dream come true for a guy in my line of work. :clap:

On the races.........My MS460 is tough to beat.

mine has 8 tanks through it now and it gets stronger every tank. It is drained and I am looking for a box for it to be shipped out for a little lovin!:hmm3grin2orange:

I know a guy that mods these saws. :)

Thanks for posting the TI :msp_thumbup:

Amen

I know how you feel. I mod a new saw that responds really well and I get to Jonesin for em. :laugh:

I love the M-tronic and the Auto-tune systems. They are a dream come true for a guy in my line of work. :clap:

On the races.........My MS460 is tough to beat.

My 460 runs pretty sweet too, just wish I had more time to run it. Still on it's second tank since I got it back from you.

Did I ever mention how much I have removing old rock wool insulation? Worse than installing the new R13 x 1000!

My 460 runs pretty sweet too, just wish I had more time to run it. Still on it's second tank since I got it back from you.

Did I ever mention how much I have removing old rock wool insulation? Worse than installing the new R13 x 1000!

I did new construction for many years. Remodeling was never something I got involved in. I looks........well, painful. :D

i'm gunna have a job for you in the not too distant future . now what can i sell haha

i'm gunna have a job for you in the not too distant future . now what can i sell haha

The dealer here is hooking me up with some good pricing. Just let me know Darren. I see a MS441CRM in your future too. :D

I'm gonna try to run some more fuel thru Greg's 441 today. Hopefully I'll get the time. In my shop waiting on port wort there's a 660, 261, 395, 460..........................

Alll of the used ms441's on ebay are NOT M-tronics. Maybe they are seeing it too. So, Randy you are lucky to have a good dealer locally. Mine acted as if getting a wrap handled saw ordered was work. Geesh, youd think they'd be happy to. And im sure they prob wont budge off msrp. I may have to let you get the next one!

The dealer here is hooking me up with some good pricing. Just let me know Darren. I see a MS441CRM in your future too. :D

I'm gonna try to run some more fuel thru Greg's 441 today. Hopefully I'll get the time. In my shop waiting on port wort there's a 660, 261, 395, 460..........................

i know brad done the first 261 but then it was all quiet what have we started LOL

441 as soon as the 460 is lubed up and gone

The 441C will have no trouble supplying the fuel required by the port work. The one I did is still running strong.

It is Brad, I really love that saw. The 60sec calibration improved my throttle response, or more specifically, modulation. Easier to control rpm in and out of the cut. Kinda' made it "more stock" feeling without giving back the ported power gains.

I know it is bulkier and slightly heavier than a 440/460, but once you run one (especially one opened up a bit), you will love it.

BTW Brad, I really don't think I ever asked you what psi it made, but seat-of-the-pants feel is good pop (I don't have a guage).

Randy, that saw went from strong to absolutely fantastic - excellent job sir. :clap:

Alll of the used ms441's on ebay are NOT M-tronics. Maybe they are seeing it too.

You're not likely to see many used ones on the market, its the Cadillac of saws. They are tough, smooth and fast. Proper modding only makes them better.

Sam

A ported 460 and a ported 441CMTronic,the 460 may be a little quicker at the races but the CMTronics are better in every other way.

Better
AV
Filter system
Easy start
No tune
Less fuel
Less fumes
:msp_biggrin:

I've got video processing of a 441, 460, 066 , and 660 in chestnut oak over 30" diameter. All the saws are modded....

I'll be putting up a new thread after while. :rock:

Latest posts

Back