Mastermind Revisits The 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
205psi with no run time.....this saw has never been started. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it at 220 when it's broke in.

IMG_0293_zpscffeed9d.jpg

Can you say sleeper?

It's non functioning primer bulb and stock looking muffler complete the look.

IMG_0294_zpse79d294d.jpg

IMG_0295_zpsc42294ff.jpg

Will it melt the front edge of the top cover? Maybe. :msp_sad:

Another thing to look at on the 346XP is the air filter and adapter.

359 on the left, 346 on the right.

IMG_0286_zps435f8fea.jpg

IMG_0287_zps3e7fd009.jpg

Here's the adapters......on this saw were're using the 359 stuff.....

IMG_0288_zps4d638edf.jpg
/QUOTE]

Was gonna mention an idea. But I'll keep it to myself and let you continue on with this awesome thread. Really like the pictures . Very awesome thread :rock:

Another thing to look at on the 346XP is the air filter and adapter.

359 on the left, 346 on the right.

IMG_0286_zps435f8fea.jpg

IMG_0287_zps3e7fd009.jpg

Here's the adapters......on this saw were're using the 359 stuff.....

IMG_0288_zps4d638edf.jpg
/QUOTE]

Was gonna mention an idea. But I'll keep it to myself and let you continue on with this awesome thread. Really like the pictures . Very awesome thread :rock:

Hell man I'm done.......carry on.

On a 350 mweba and I have mounted walbro carbs off of 373's. Both did it 2 different ways. Use the 372 boot bore the intake to the size of the 372 boot opening tap for impulse.

On a 350 mweba and I have mounted walbro carbs off of 373's. Both did it 2 different ways. Use the 372 boot bore the intake to the size of the 372 boot opening tap for impulse.

It doesn't need that much carb......we ain't building a race saw ya know. :laugh:

It doesn't need that much carb......we ain't building a race saw ya know. :laugh:

My 350 isn't a race saw yet Haha. I'm still scared to use a lathe to increase my compression. It was just an idea. I'm a retard I was born and raised on the make it faster diet. It may be why we always had to rush to get cars ready on Friday nights lol.

Two...hmmm, interesting.

Yeppers.......one is yours Neal. :msp_biggrin:

Damn lookin good randy..... I can't wait to run it!!!!!!

I'm not sure you will like the muffler......hell I ain't sure I like it. :laugh:

I thought I'd try something different. You tell me what you think.......I can close the top outlet and go out the side.

Last edited:
sleeper my ass. to complete the true sleeper conversion, get 353 sticker, top cover and remove the air purge bulb. :hmm3grin2orange:

oh MOST importantly get rid of that nasty ass gray clutch cover.:jester:

You can see here the way I shape the upper transfer ports. I like keeping the corners as tight as I can and I also cut back into the ports keeping those upper corners tight. I feel like this allows me to gain time/area without losing velocity. I can direct the flow that way too. I don't widen the uppers at all on the 346XP. Again, what I want is the keep flow velocity as high as possible.

346006_zps8e616638.jpg

Randy, what's your thinking on not extending the transfers towards the intake? I thought that was something done on every port job?

Yes, it is very easy to destroy the charge velocity on these saws by widening the tunnels and opening the lower transfers too much, and that makes them lazy revvers. Just open them the minimal to get the charge headed to the top.

Did Sawtroll approve any of this?

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I have no problem with it.

Hi Niko. :rock:

Randy, what's your thinking on not extending the transfers towards the intake? I thought that was something done on every port job?

Yes, it is very easy to destroy the charge velocity on these saws by widening the tunnels and opening the lower transfers too much, and that makes them lazy revvers. Just open them the minimal to get the charge headed to the top.

There's just no reason for it Neal. Making the upper larger than the tunnel would do what?

Latest posts

Back