Mastermind Revisits The 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0280_zpsfe124912.jpg

The holes that the two bolts that hold the carb on go into, are those plastic threads or is there a metal insert in them?

Did you fab up that deflector? Brazed on? Looks sweet!!!

nice jugs

Italian?

Yeppers.......one is yours Neal. :msp_biggrin:

I'm not sure you will like the muffler......hell I ain't sure I like it. :laugh:

I thought I'd try something different. You tell me what you think.......I can close the top outlet and go out the side.

You know me I'm a mini pipe fan....just like the sound better but IDK as long as it runs better then my dads!!!! His head is getting a little big....lol

Oh ya did you happen to slap a 3/8p rim on that bad boy for me?

The holes that the two bolts that hold the carb on go into, are those plastic threads or is there a metal insert in them?

Did you fab up that deflector? Brazed on? Looks sweet!!!

Italian?

It will be Italian by osmosis after I get my hands on her....lol

You know me I'm a mini pipe fan....just like the sound better but IDK as long as it runs better then my dads!!!! His head is getting a little big....lol

Oh ya did you happen to slap a 3/8p rim on that bad boy for me?

Yep.......3/8 rim.

I'll be piping it tomorrow for you. :)

They are plastic and they are one of the things I wish Husky would do better. They work very well and aren't prone to air leaks, but it doesn't take but 8-13 in-lbs to tighten them properly. I have seen lots of them that were stripped by the ham-handed mechanic. The good news is that the part isn't but a couple of bucks. I will say that I like the way Husky carb boxes are put together better than Stihl's, I can have a 346 carb out in less than a minute, but I do wish they would use some metal in the manifold to prevent stripping the threads.

Proof. Perfection can be screwed with. I have a 346 stock and it is so much better than the 50cc crap I ran for 30 years before I can't imagine an improvement. I don't question for a second you make them even better. Thanks and you illustrations are outstanding.

They are plastic and they are one of the things I wish Husky would do better. They work very well and aren't prone to air leaks, but it doesn't take but 8-13 in-lbs to tighten them properly. I have seen lots of them that were stripped by the ham-handed mechanic. The good news is that the part isn't but a couple of bucks. I will say that I like the way Husky carb boxes are put together better than Stihl's, I can have a 346 carb out in less than a minute, but I do wish they would use some metal in the manifold to prevent stripping the threads.

Well I did not want to say anything since I am newbie. I don't understand why they cant put a splined metal insert in there. It is one of many of the key connecting points of a chainsaw that needs to be bullet proof and it just is not. Just my .02.

Back