Mazda b2300 with and w/o trailer how much wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seattle nate

Reaction score
Took my two kids out shooting and cutting off the 70 near enumclaw. Put one quarter cord in back. The most I have hauled is maybe a third. I know I could use a bigger truck but I like getting close to 30 mpg.
View attachment 286644

I would say that is about it with my little datsun truck as well as per a full load, quarter cord and some sticks..although I get closer to 40 MPG with the diesel engine in it. I have only hauled wood in it twice though, but I heaped it up regular like. Have done other heavier type loads. I do have additional half springs in the back, but it is an 81 after all and it was abused pretty hard before I got it, I know two of the previous owners and they ran the heck out of it hard.

I know the 4wd versions are much stouter, but they didnt release the diesel engine 4wds in the US, at least not too many (I think all canadian drive overs basically, what are here, which aint too many...). You can see on the yota thread though some pretty dang good loads.

Need some racks on there, probably get close to half cord. Had a ranger 4x4 sport with heavy duty suspension and could stack wood to top of cab. Usually drier wood but did do a couple loads of green red fir. Loaded her down pretty good.

Got a 2003 ive loaded it to the Tits with wet wood no problems. axle bottoms out on rubber bumpers so you cant dammage anything. go slow low gear 1/2 cord with panel sides. no experience with a trailer on that unit. 1/3 in truck 1/3 in trailer. totaly dependant on terain and grade. low gears!!!!

What does that work out in in gallons per cord???

I only get about 14 miles per gallon but I haul 2 1/2 cords per load....:clap::clap:

What does that work out in in gallons per cord???

I only get about 14 miles per gallon but I haul 2 1/2 cords per load....:clap::clap:

Thats a great way to put it int perspective. Looking to upgrade from my toyota bush buggy to at least a one ton dually
dodge cummins souns nice but beat up ford is more the budget. lots of ex logging equip around here

Back