McCulloch 10/10 flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Kidneycutter
Reaction score
I ve just swapped a flywheel from a promac 55 to a10 10. No spark, they look the same wonder if the timing is slightly different? Changed because a couple of fins were broken.

Back up a little...did it have spark before the swap?

The 12 fin flywheels for the left hand start saws are all the same. Make sure the key didn't fall out when you were putting the new flywheel on and change the timing.

Did you reset the clearance between the flywheel and the coil? Should be right around 0.010"/0.25 mm.

Mark

Back up a little...did it have spark before the swap?

The 12 fin flywheels for the left hand start saws are all the same. Make sure the key didn't fall out when you were putting the new flywheel on and change the timing.

Did you reset the clearance between the flywheel and the coil? Should be right around 0.010"/0.25 mm.

Mark
Hi, I did have a spark before. I also checked and cleaned the points when I changed it. Didn’t check the coil gap looked close and wasn’t catching so left it. Will check today.

Reset the gap nothing.. well one spark...dead. Filed the points and reset to tdc and big fat blue spark! She’s a runner!

Latest posts

Back