• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade McCulloch 49

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got to thinking I do have some pre-sets but I will not allow them to be made into chain. That in my feabale mind is disrespectful. They are designed to put a chain back together. I will tell you those ones used on the bow bars are freaking. I sure wonder how many came apart
I don't have the time or the patience to turn presets into chain. To be honest I've never even give that a thought before even though it would work I have to agree that's not there intended use.

This is becoming more difficult then I first thought. So far I've located 1 almost wore out loop. Another guy has some but collects chain so that's out. And one other guy has some but needs it for his own project. I bet there's a brand new roll out there but where.

Seems everyone that has a 49 won't budge which is kinda neat to see. Shows money can't buy everything and that the saws that are out there are being cared for also.

Well I about have enough, or maybe I do have enough 5/8 for a 72" bar. Tell you what, you find the same length chain in decent 1/2" full chisel and I'd trade you.

I'll look at it but as I remember, a good bit. I thought it was 3/4 when I got it, but it's 5/8. Damn but that stuff is way bigger looking than 9/16.

This is becoming more difficult then I first thought. .................... I bet there's a brand new roll out there but where.

Yes in a sense there is and it is on my shelf. The problem it is Titan branded chain but not chisel

Oh yeah by the way to those who say they never made 100ft reels of 5/8 I say you are mistaken

Seems everyone that has a 49 won't budge which is kinda neat to see. Shows money can't buy everything and that the saws that are out there are being cared for also.

You will find as you age sometimes things become more important than money. Just ask the gentleman that bothered me during the Daytona 500 years ago. It cost him $3500

Often to make such trades, it's unobtanium for other unobtanium as money, while nice, is of little consequence.

Don,

I believe we agree. Money is printed and earned everyday. Items that were produced 50 years ago............well obviously are limited in availability

For me it's not so much the item or the rarity of the item it's more the history behind the item that makes me want it. The more the item is preserved even makes it more desirable because it's like time never happened. Items that are old that were unused or barely used is rare because people back then normally didn't buy things not to use or with hopes that it might become collectable. Even the little things such as a old loop of saw chain tell a story maybe we don't know the story but there was a good reason that some of these things made it this far in the condition that they are. Some things are badly worn from making a living or others are pristine because someone passed on or maybe it was because something better came along one can always wonder when looking at something that's vintage. That's why I collect. Preserve and pass on is my goal with the history that I own.

You should see some of the pictures of the house we bought built prior to the civil war then. Or the old one room school house that was built in 1865 that was still in operation until 1960. The gun that committed the first recorded murder in our township. The list goes on

I'll look at it but as I remember, a good bit. I thought it was 3/4 when I got it, but it's 5/8. Damn but that stuff is way bigger looking than 9/16.

You should see some of the pictures of the house we bought built prior to the civil war then. Or the old one room school house that was built in 1865 that was still in operation until 1960. The gun that committed the first recorded murder in our township. The list goes on
I always wondered why in school they would teach world history and forget about our local history that is all around us.

View attachment 543454 It's the old officers head quarters for Fort Keogh. General Nelson A. Miles and general George Armstrong Custer have both set foot in there.

I just looked at the Wiki article on that place and saw the pic of it in 1989. When did the trees come down, and the chimneys go away?

House_at_Fort_Keogh.jpg

Back