McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such is life. The electric brushless revolution has happend now and its very good time to jump in again. Plug it in and go. Lipo batteries are amazing full charge to empty will drop only a couple volts and still go strong. Big stunning planes made from styrene foam are cheap and can be glued up again and again radios are great no more checking who's on what band n bla bla.

After reviewing the grommets, I am not sure if these were in the HF kit or if I ordered them from McMaster Carr thinking I could use them on spark plugs leads. I am 99.9% sure they are Buna N in either case. Remember that in this case the carburetor had the small nipple so a line with a smaller I.D. would work. In order to use a standard SDC with the larger nipple would require a different grommet to accept the larger diameter fuel line.

20180922_141804.jpg

20180922_141955.jpg

20180920_084919.jpg

Mark

Its amazing what rpm those we things can pull 30.000ish from memery
I have 2 or 3 of those .049 Cox engines. I also have another Cox engine that is bigger and has the small glowplug. I wonder if they are worth anything now days. I used to have a couple control line planes, a helo, a dune buggy and a GI Jeep with that engine. Those things were great. You can still buy them.

Mark, the Storehouse brand is a Harbour Freight brand.

https://www.harborfreight.com/180-piece-harness-grommet-set-67582.html

Brian

Fire, just another thing to add to my worries when you are unsupervised.

I bet the more you run that 125 the more you like it. Not much fun to lug around though. Hopefully, we can find some wood and the time to gather some baseline in the cut rpm data for our 125s and 800s.

Ron

You are right on all three accounts. It is heavy but love how nicely it starts and how well it cuts and we do need to check RPM and I do need supervision...lol. I keep the tach in my chain box, I just forget to use it. Mine was just a little rich for some reason today. The last time we was cutting, the bottom end was a little lean and I richened it up and I think it effected the top end as well. It just needs a touch. It would be alright the way it is but I like them to be spot on. Such a smooth cutting saw. Once you get it placed on the log to be cut it will just cut by it's self. Very little effort. It just keeps going with very little effort from the operator.

Brian

Back