McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do you distribute it around as in how do ya choose who needs it do they come to you guys or just a word of mouth thing in the community?

Primarily they go to the local food bank and they determine if you qualify for assistance and there need, then they give that person a vulture for wood delivery. Their is a couple other ways but that is the primary way to get assistance. Ron can elaborate further. But initially the local food bank is the first step and they do the initial screening of applicants.

Brian

Ain't that the best feeling in the world it's like running a brand new saw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So how do you distribute it around as in how do ya choose who needs it do they come to you guys or just a word of mouth thing in the community?

As Brian said folks pre-qualify at the local food bank. There folks in need can once a season get their choice of a voucher for $200 of electricity, fuel oil, coal or LP gas or two loads of firewood. Some folks that we know burn wood and are destitute get around the system and get more than two loads of wood a season.

Ron

As Brian said folks pre-qualify at the local food bank. There folks in need can once a season get their choice of a voucher for $200 of electricity, fuel oil, coal or LP gas or two loads of firewood. Some folks that we know burn wood and are destitute get around the system and get more than two loads of wood a season.

Ron

Well that's pretty cool. Down here the welfare system will pay the wood merchant and he drops it off but at 500 odd dollars for 6 meters so 1.6 cord it's a huge drain on the tax system but I spose it helps the wood Merchant out too.

I got the fuel line replacement for 10 series saws today. Of course the 30yr old fuel line is stiff as polyflow. The adhesive is dried up but i got the inlet elbow and bushing and a new fuel filter. Im gonna try some jb weld for the adhesive tomorrow and get some fuel line. I will post progress and let you know how it goes.

Well, it's coming along. I ended up having to trim the bar tail after all. Adding 1 drive link made the chain too long and I would have run out of adjustment once the chain stretched so I chopped about 1/4" off the tail.
Now I need to make a new fuel tank gasket again and get the carb setup.
fb6fd65613e67964ceff5b5b9c4409f6.jpg

Hey there jethro, gotta say you have an eye for detail...my 700's are made at different time frames. My other one is mcculloch of LA. The latest is black end decker. They have slightly different serial numbers also. Thanks for pointing that out. Watched a video of yours today. 700 and 7-10. Nice saws

Think it was Tim who noticed the black n decker bit. I never realized that the shifted production though I figured black n decker just carried on in the same place.

Yea just a bit of clowning around there as ya do. My friend picked up my 2nd 7-10 last night and it's a runner so that's cool will have 5 running 10 series saws now and I'm hooked I thought I'd never find a 70cc now I've got 3 wahoo

Yea for sure maybe a video too. Hopefully it's not too scored up or anything. I know it has a bolt in the decomp hole lol. I don't mind working on them it's just parts that hurt a bit.

You must have a nice little pile of yellow saws now Vinny?

Haha, i do according to the wife..too many. Ive got one more new to me ive yet talk about but i will soon. Its definately a different mcculloch saw. When i get some good pictures ill post it. Do you have a decomp. Valve for it? Ive got a couple. May take awhile but ill send it.

Hey guys. I'm still searching the forums but maybe you can help me. I was given a Mc Culloch I can not identify. It is a (I think) a 47, or a 3-25, or a 4-30. (My guess is a 3-25).The name plate is missing and 1585 is engraved there. There is not model number cast into the handle. The gear drive oil plug is centered over the X site glass. The front handle bar plugs into the side cover near the flywheel. Are there any foolproof clues?

Back