McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
I am so close to firing up my 10-10 and I am in need of advice. Pulled the NOS fuel line from the tank so that I could wrap the line with Teflon where it seals the gas tank from the air box side. Well the fuel line tore in multiple places when I pulled it from the tank. You guys that use these NOS fuel lines for a 10-10 know what I am working with - really stiff rubber. Do y’all know of any other fuel lines that will work on a 10-10 and still seal the air box from the fuel tank? Or do I have to bite the bullet and buy another NOS fuel line? What do y’all utilize?

Walbro SDC pump side gasket. Choosing the thick one or the thin one in the kit.

I had always assumed the thicker gasket on the pump side was reserved for the carbs not calling for the check valve diaphragm. That seems to be generally true.

I contacted Walbro via e-mail and got the part numbers for the thick and thin gaskets. The IPL's which you can find on Walbro's site will verify which one to use by carb model number.

Parts and Services --> parts lookup ie SDC-44

You can also look by saw manufacturer ie McCulloch, Homelite etc. and reference from there by saw model.

Thin gasket 0.031" +/- .003 PN 92-93

Thick gasket 0.062" +/- .005 PN 92-108

Cheers Tim very handy mite go n hava gander

Hey guys,
I am so close to firing up my 10-10 and I am in need of advice. Pulled the NOS fuel line from the tank so that I could wrap the line with Teflon where it seals the gas tank from the air box side. Well the fuel line tore in multiple places when I pulled it from the tank. You guys that use these NOS fuel lines for a 10-10 know what I am working with - really stiff rubber. Do y’all know of any other fuel lines that will work on a 10-10 and still seal the air box from the fuel tank? Or do I have to bite the bullet and buy another NOS fuel line? What do y’all utilize?

I believe many of the members use the replacement line from Stens. They also need to be wrapped at the grommet to keep from leaking. Not sure how tough they are but the old MAC ones often seem to be perished.

I had to laugh at the one on my 125. It appeared and felt ok but had so many pinholes in it it looked like a tiny soaker hose.

Hey guys,
Scott, seams like every fuel line I am getting off ebay lately is lasting about 2 weeks and turn hard. I have wasted several dollars on them. I have tried the proline and the Steines and both turn into rocks. I am using non ethanol fuel.

Brian

Thanks for the input guys, off hand does anyone know what size the fuel line is on the 10-10? Inner diameter specifically, the barb on the carb is large as y’all all know

Ended up falling a rather large oak with my 440 today with 32 inch bar.
I didnt plan it that way, but 3 inches into my face cut with a brand new bar and chain on my Husky I found steel in the tree[emoji35]
Never fails every time I put on a new chain. I will get some pics of it tomorrow. Forgot today, had my dad helping so I was just kinda going. We ran the 440, the 1-52, and my little hot rod 10-10.

Ended up falling a rather large oak with my 440 today with 32 inch bar.
I didnt plan it that way, but 3 inches into my face cut with a brand new bar and chain on my Husky I found steel in the tree[emoji35]
Never fails every time I put on a new chain. I will get some pics of it tomorrow. Forgot today, had my dad helping so I was just kinda going. We ran the 440, the 1-52, and my little hot rod 10-10.
As promised, pictures and video
62a1ea1d021eaeeb01fa92a50e1d1e56.jpg
63c61459148bfef601058bb1cc93eaa7.jpg

Latest posts

Back