McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he landed on his feet somewhere. Seemed like a sincere and humble guy just wanting to share what he was learning while cultivating his channel with some good will along the way.

Would be a shame if he fell victim to the lurker a-holes and haters out there just looking for a party to crash.

He seems to be doing just fine. I saw his new channel and it looks like it's off to a great start.
Everything that was on the old channel was backed up and re-posted on the new platform, and it all appears to be in order. That 10-10 fuel cap repair alone is worth taking a look at.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to his new channel on the different platform.

Mac131

The 7-10 and 700s are awesome saws no doubt about it, but I still can't put down the SP-81s and 850s. I have all the 82cc saws. The SP81 and 850 are just, well what i like and are my go to saws lol. I think I may use the particular 700 in the OP as a replacement for my truck carry saw while traveling the woods. the current truck saw is a 10-10s. My main problem is I look at a little tree and say to self...self that tree ain't big enough for a Mac lol

Let me know what you think on the PM1000. I got one, I will share my thoughts with ya once you get her going and in wood. I have an SP125c on the way to me now. be fun to see how much more saw it is than my 82cc stuff.
I got the same problem. If it is less than 24" in diameter, I feel a little foolish with a loud 82cc MAC in hand when a smaller off-brand can take it.

Ron

Luckily tank tops are cheap and plentiful if it doesn't hold.
No luck so far on finding one. It’s the one that runs back around the air box. Thought chainsawr would have one but no luck. If anyone has a part number that may help. Plan to give jb a chance just to see how it does but I will replace it eventually.

Speaking of loud macs... putting jb weld to the test on a super 10-10 that had a nasty break on the tank top. Chunk out of the cap area and off to the left side.
I did the same thing with the JB weld gas tank repair stick putty on a 10-10S. it has held for two years now

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Latest assignment is falling dead trees at the County shooting range. I took yesterday afternoon off in order to get a head start.

Locked and Loaded:
IMG_6486.JPG

One MAC worthy death ash. Top broke off on first movement leaving a stem that required wedging to finish the fall. Many of the trees should have been cut at least a year ago - some dangerous stuff. Used the off-brand to fall the rest.
IMG_6488.JPGIMG_6490.JPGIMG_6491.JPG

On the side of the safety berm was a beautiful red oak with over 75' before the first limb and a similar poplar. But they were both inaccessible by truck or my tractor. I felled both with the off-brand as I was pretty much spent by that time.

Went back today to figure a way to retrieve the red oak. As I was cutting a path, the range boss came to my rescue and handed me the keys to a Deere 750B LT. It had no problem making a path. Shortly thereafter, Brian arrived. We loaded two trailers then took on the red oak retrieval. I cut 20' off the top of the stem with Brian's PM800 - (That saw is sweet and he keeps it tuned right.) - leaving about 55'. We chained both to the 750B. Once again no problem with the 750B.

IMG_6495.JPG

- To Be Continued -

Ron

North East Tennessee MAC Report - page two

We sectioned the red oak in no time with our PM800s. Mine started on the second pull.
Brian:
IMG_6497.JPG

We loaded two more trailers and then took on dragging out the poplar. It was a little more complicated than the red oak. Forked top with lots of entanglements.
Brian contemplating his cut:
IMG_6505.JPG

Brian making his cut with the PM800:
IMG_6506.JPG

Brian "re-thinking" his cut. First time I have ever used a dozer to retrieve a stuck saw.
IMG_6507.JPG

We pulled the poplar out and called it a day.

Ron

Great pics! Good to see some yellow magnesium getting it done!
Did the repair on my tank for my super 10-10 mostly to see if I could and if the jb would hold. Still plan to buy a new top ( thanks again for the link) but this was a fun project!

Attachments

• 464A57BC-F7D6-4D35-A239-68726100EFF7.jpeg
    464A57BC-F7D6-4D35-A239-68726100EFF7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • DF0A54B9-3260-4952-A91A-480A7F682D5D.png
    DF0A54B9-3260-4952-A91A-480A7F682D5D.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 5995A6D1-E0E3-40AD-BF13-67E559566377.jpeg
    5995A6D1-E0E3-40AD-BF13-67E559566377.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Back