McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McCulloch

If its a late model Super 250 it should have the ID tag on the oil tank.

mac250-2.jpg

It should have holes in the air filter cover and have a muffler

saw130aa7.jpg

saw126ex0.jpg

From a few posts back.... I found on the bottom of the chainsaw stamped on the crankcase "1-53" on one side and "7336" on the other. Bad news is that there is a two piece shroud over the fly wheel one behind the fly wheel that bolts to the crankcase and then the outside shroud that has the recoil on it... The shroud that is behind the flywheel is broke and will need replacing.. Looking at a parts list for a McCulloch 250 this part would correspond with part 55 ... Anyone have this part?

From a few posts back.... I found on the bottom of the chainsaw stamped on the crankcase "1-53" on one side and "7336" on the other. Bad news is that there is a two piece shroud over the fly wheel one behind the fly wheel that bolts to the crankcase and then the outside shroud that has the recoil on it... The shroud that is behind the flywheel is broke and will need replacing.. Looking at a parts list for a McCulloch 250 this part would correspond with part 55 ... Anyone have this part?

is that parts list you have for the super 250 or just a mac 250 ? crankcase cover part # 57126A is what the super 250 parts list shows

Gary the 640 came with eather 2:1 or 3:1 trans.
If you can find the numbers on it.

2:1 trans p/n #60633

3:1 trans p/n #60464

If it's hard to find the number, just turn the flywheel once and count the revolutions of the output shaft.

I just don't have time right now to pull the gear drive cover to watch the shaft. Where would the trans # be located?

Gary

you guys mad keen on the maccas can anyone tell me what size engine the promac 800 has ,thanx:cheers:

Model: Pro Mac 800

MANUFACTURED BY:
McCULLOCH MOTORS CORP.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
YEAR INTRODUCED:
YEAR DISCONTINUED:
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:
5.0 cu. in. (82 cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS:
CYLINDER BORE:
2.06 in
PISTON STROKE:
1.50 in.

I have a pro mac 610 that has been to hell and back and an eager beaver 2.0 that is a good little saw for light stuff and always starts on the third pull.

I have a pro mac 610 that has been to hell and back and an eager beaver 2.0 that is a good little saw for light stuff and always starts on the third pull.

Where in Montana are you? Always nice to see fellow Montuckians on here. :)

Mac 250

is that parts list you have for the super 250 or just a mac 250 ? crankcase cover part # 57126A is what the super 250 parts list shows

I have the regular parts list for a Mac 250 Serial Number 76001 and up. And yes you are correct I just did not read down far enough.. This part would correspond with part number 57126A which is part 55 on the diagram in the page before.... So it looks like I need a Crankcase Cover Assembly for a Mac 1-53 - 7336

Possibly a fly wheeler puller as well?... Though I should buy one.

how far are you from billings ?

do you believe in long distance miracles ?

its been 11 years since i helped someone that was on yahoo chat line back then that resides in billings area i became there lifeline

i was the one that got ems out to her home all the way from north carolina

two months later that same lady called me i did not know who it was at first till she said you saved my life and it dawned on me who it was see i never met this lady in real life but she thankd me for helping her that day since then i have lost contact with her i just hope she is doing ok

I sure do believe that Calvin. . . My God is big enough to reach a couple thousand miles. ;)

Google Map Kalispell and Billings, and you'll see they're pretty much on two sides of the state. . . Billings is down south, while Kalispell is far North. Also Google "Glacier National Park", and you'll see my neck of the woods.

Hey lawnmowertech i see that you have stuff for old homelites and it just so happens that recently I came across acouple of old homelite xl automatic oiling saws that have probably about a 12-14 inch bar on them. One i got to run and it runs pretty good, the other one i can't even get to pop. What do you need to chewck if you have a carb kit and it also needs an air filter. The bar and chain were missing on one also so i would need that as well.

metals,
i've been to both places. Billings was a nice town, but nothing remarkable. Kalispell.................God's summer vacation home must be nearby.....if someone goes to Yellowstone and then to Glacier, they will realize what a tourist trap Jellystone really is. not that there is not great beauty there, but the majesty and remoteness of Glacier is awe inspiring.

Back