McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a mystery. PM610 saws almost always go for more money than 10-10's on CL and ebay. Since we've been flapping our gums about 'em here on AS over the last year or so, the 10-series saws have all bee going way up in price on feebay however......:bang:

photobucket-448-1326687851991.jpg

Here's the 10-10A I fixed up. Now belongs to Unclemustache (he won it in the Stumpbroke Raffle). Handlebar looks about the same. My PM700 and 7-10A are close too.

I always hated trying to sell those 10 series saws there. The most I ever got for one of them was probably around $60. I've got several saws that I might try to sell if I see the price healing up a bit. I saved one 610 just in case.

Hey guys new to Mac's but not new to saws at all. Had a few questions about my Mac 250 I have recently got running. Oddly enough I was able to fit a large mount husky bar onto my studs without much issue at all. Has anyone ever adapted a SP80 clutch drum and rim drive to a 250? I'm thinking of just making a spacer to shim the clutch drum out to where it is supposed to ride on the crank. The diameter's are the same, it fits on the crank the same as the stock drum, however the "snout" of the drum is shorter on the SP80 allowing it to not fit over the clutch shoes the same as the stock one. I'm looking for a quick and easy way to convert to 3/8 and rim drive set up.

Other question I had is is there any way that I need to prime the oiler after it has been sitting drained a long time of bar oil? I saw that where the oil comes out to the bar there is a small plate and screw with a spring holding a ball inside of it like a check valve, what is that exactly? Any help is appreciated guys thanks.

RR97 - There are many original spline type drums available for the 250 saws, search e-bay a little bit or try some other old saw resources. Most have a brass bushing rather that a bearing but the work just fine if you give them little lubrication from time to time. If you really can't find one send me a PM, I may be able to find an extra. No reason to reinvent the wheel here.

You have in fact described the check valve for the manual oiler. There is no easy way to prime the pump other than filling the tank with oil and going after it. If you have a conventional 250 there will not be any automatic oiler so it will be manual all the way. Consider using some thin oil or even ATF initially to help get things moving.

Stinkbait - if you find this you need to empty your mailbox or send me a PM with the DL count, I found a roll of .404/.058 chisel.

Mark

I'm picking up a bunch of McCs this Saturday. I went to look at em Sunday, well I'd been meaning to look at em for a while and kept forgetting, or stopped in when the owner wasn't around, but I caught up with him yesterday and had a look at em, but since I wasn't planning on stopping in, didn't have the camera with.

In the deal is a 10-10 Auto, a D44, what looks like a 44 Super, a 33 (possibly a Super), a small pile of MiniMacs, and a mystery machine, all in been in a shed a long time condition. Gonna cost me a c-note, I offered $150 and keep the MMs, but he wouldn't take it.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm hopeful that the mystery saw is a 740-795, as that's the closest match I could find on Acre's site. Black top cover, RH start, direct drive. I looked for a SN, but didn't see one without scraping a bunch of gunk off. I guess we will know for sure this weekend.

I don't think either of us did too bad on this deal, I can probably part out a couple and get my money back if nothing else, and he gets some shed space back. I think the ones I'll likely try to make runners of are the 10-10, 33, S44, and the mystery saw, but all that's subject to change upon closer inspection.

I'll be back this weekend with pics.

I'm picking up a bunch of McCs this Saturday. I went to look at em Sunday, well I'd been meaning to look at em for a while and kept forgetting, or stopped in when the owner wasn't around, but I caught up with him yesterday and had a look at em, but since I wasn't planning on stopping in, didn't have the camera with.

In the deal is a 10-10 Auto, a D44, what looks like a 44 Super, a 33 (possibly a Super), a small pile of MiniMacs, and a mystery machine, all in been in a shed a long time condition. Gonna cost me a c-note, I offered $150 and keep the MMs, but he wouldn't take it.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm hopeful that the mystery saw is a 740-795, as that's the closest match I could find on Acre's site. Black top cover, RH start, direct drive. I looked for a SN, but didn't see one without scraping a bunch of gunk off. I guess we will know for sure this weekend.

I don't think either of us did too bad on this deal, I can probably part out a couple and get my money back if nothing else, and he gets some shed space back. I think the ones I'll likely try to make runners of are the 10-10, 33, S44, and the mystery saw, but all that's subject to change upon closer inspection.

I'll be back this weekend with pics.

We'll be lookin' forward to the update and the pix!

OT - made me laugh...and wonder which would result in fewer lumps; another saw or a girlfriend???

Mark

I only have a few saws so a girlfriend would def land me a divorce(and beat senseless).....however, if i have so many saws that the wife would prefer me to have a girlfriend then i guess its a win win:msp_tongue:

Gave the Super 250 and myself a workout. It drank 1 gal of fuel Sunday. One question though. It seems to run out before the bottom of the tank. Is the fuel line on this saw supposed to have a molded cup on the end with some filter material stuck in it? I moved the end of it toward the clutch side to see if it would draw deeper but will not drain enough to see the bottom of the tank.

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

I know you guys aren't into the plastic Macs much but I bought one today almost by accident and it turns out it needs an oil pump and worm gear assembly. It's an MS 1850 AVCC. It was made by MTD and sold by sears as a Craftsman saw. Anybody know where I can find these parts? Sears says NLA and I'm having difficulty navigating the Mac website.

I know you guys aren't into the plastic Macs much but I bought one today almost by accident and it turns out it needs an oil pump and worm gear assembly. It's an MS 1850 AVCC. It was made by MTD and sold by sears as a Craftsman saw. Anybody know where I can find these parts? Sears says NLA and I'm having difficulty navigating the Mac website.

I actually have a older 3516 AV plastic MAC and I've been impressed with it's durability over the past 20 years. Recently had to replace the fuel lines and the oil lines as well. Is it def the pump on on your saw?

I actually have a older 3516 AV plastic MAC and I've been impressed with it's durability over the past 20 years. Recently had to replace the fuel lines and the oil lines as well. Is it def the pump on on your saw?

Yes it is, I took it apart and looked at it, the gears in the pump and the worm gear are really messed up, the pump worse than the worm gear. If I had to I think I could use the old plastic worm gear but the pump gear is shot. I have a smaller Mac plastic saw but I don't think the oil pumps are alike.

Latest posts

Back